Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some other interesting shows on Netflix and amazon Prime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some other interesting shows on Netflix and amazon Prime

Amazon Prime:

Food Safari - Fire: grilling, smoking, roasting and baking from some of Australia's top chefs, cooks and barbecue devotees.

There are other Food Safari series.

Handcrafted by bon appétit: butchering of whole carcasses plus noodle and pasta making.

Darren Robertson's Charcoal Kitchen: cooking over fire or hot coals.

Kimchi Chronicles - Join chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten and his Korean-born wife Marja on Kimchi Chronicles - part travelogue, part food fantasy and part documentary of self-discovery - as they explore and celebrate a cuisine and a culture committed to the age-old practice of taking something ordinary and making it extraordinary. Marja and Jean-Georges eat their way through Korea in the company of chefs and cooks.

Bourbon Up with Fred Minnick - Bourbon Up with Fred Minnick is a digital short form interview series with bourbon personalities, master distillers, executive chefs, musicians, and artists.

Bourbon & Kentucky: A History Distilled - Explores how distilling originated in Kentucky with its first settlers in 1775 and takes the viewer to the sites of Central Kentucky's earliest distilling operations. Pages from the Lexington Kentucky Gazette and the Paris Western Citizen document on the screen the progression of whiskey-making to the stage where the best of it was old, smooth, amber in color and known as "Bourbon".

Straight Up: Kentucky Bourbon - Kentucky's rise to undisputed Bourbon Capital of the world is a rich, detailed, and innovative story that displays how the state has continued to raise the level of whiskey making to unprecedented heights.

Scotch! The Story of Whisky - The tale of whisky is the tale of Scotland's gift to the world, and so it follows that Scotch embroils itself in U.S history and travels to Sweden, Japan and Australia. Could it be that such nations are threatening Scotland's status as the home of whisky?

Whisky - The Islay Edition - A documentary special about the magic of the golden liquid called whisky and the small island off the coast of Scotland which has been called "the Capital of Whisky." The Scottish island of Islay is the home of eight world famous whisky distilleries. Whisky consists mainly of peat, water, barley and most importantly, it is made by people. All of these ingredients are found on the island of Islay.

There are a few other interesting shows on cooking and some have websites with their recipes.

Netflix:

The Chef Show: Chef Roy Choi and Jon Favreau doing different cooks.

Todo Sobre el Asado: Argentina's traditional bbq.

Salt fat Acid heat

Taco Chronicles (mentioned before on other threads)

Cooked - Fire, Water, Air, Earth: 4 interesting looks at cooking methods.

Ugly Delicious: Chef David Chang

Chef's Table: features different chef's

Chef's Table BBQ: features different pitmasters. Only 4 episodes though.

Street Food Asia: features different Asian street food vendors.

Street Food Latin America
    Last edited by JimLinebarger; February 19, 2021, 04:33 PM. Reason: Adding more shows.

We throughly enjoyed "Somebody Feed Phil" on Netflix too if you haven’t checked that one out yet.

Comment

• USMCCrashCrew89
      USMCCrashCrew89 commented
      Editing a comment
      I was in Singapore a few times in the service, the food stalls are EVERYWHERE. Just don’t get arrested haha

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Love Phil, he makes me laugh out loud !!!

• fkrall
      fkrall commented
      Editing a comment
      His Vietnam episode is one of my favorites. He has an initial 6-or-so episodes entitled "I'll Have What Phil's Having," but Netflix appears to have taken it down. Separately, there's also Chef's Table France which looks interesting.

Great thread idea!

Comment

Feeding Phil and all the ones Jim mentioned. Of course Taco Chronicles is my fav.

Comment

• JimLinebarger
        JimLinebarger commented
        Editing a comment
        There is another one about Mexican Street Food but the host is no Anthony Bourdain.

• Rfhd69
        Rfhd69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Taco Chronicles for the win!

JimLinebarger One of my favourite Food Safari series is the Italian one with our Guy Grossi, he does great stuff. I have a staple lasagne recipe of his that I use when I want to feed a crowd, all empty plates with that one

Comment

• JimLinebarger
        JimLinebarger commented
        Editing a comment
        Stuey1515 Thanks for the info. I haven't gotten to that one yet but it is on my list.

Then there's the new CNN series Searching For Italy with Stanley Tucci.

Comment

• gcdmd
        gcdmd commented
        Editing a comment
        It is good. Unfortunately, it got cut short by COVID. Maybe it'll start up again one of these days.

I thoroughly enjoyed the show "Neat" on Netflix. It is about bourbon. Even if you don't drink or don't like whiskey it is well done and informative methinks..

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Dewesq55 Yeah it's been over a few years, but when I search for it on NF it comes up empty. Does it show up for you?

• Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        Huskee - Yes it shows. In fact, we just finished watchin it a couple of weeks ago.

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Very strange, it hasn't shown up when I search the last several months.. just tried again, no hits, but all the similar shows show up. [shrug] Dewesq55

Meat Eater is on Netflix. Plenty hunting with plenty culinary information. No Netflix, so I'm consuming breadcrumbs of Meat Eater as they are released on YouTube.

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        I've seen it in the lineup but never watched it. I take it that you like it?

• Sweaty Paul
        Sweaty Paul commented
        Editing a comment
        Think the same guy that does "Meat Eater" was on a 3 hour podcast with Joe Rogan. Was a great interview. I found it on You Tube.

• Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        I used to watch that on Outdoor Network. Then Barbara changed our package "to save money" and I lost Outdoor Network. I'll have t to check it out on Netflix.

Huskee Amazon Prime has Neat but you have to pay to watch. It does have the following as part of Prime:

Bourbon Up with Fred Minnick - Bourbon Up with Fred Minnick is a digital short form interview series with bourbon personalities, master distillers, executive chefs, musicians, and artists.

Bourbon & Kentucky: A History Distilled - Explores how distilling originated in Kentucky with its first settlers in 1775 and takes the viewer to the sites of Central Kentucky's earliest distilling operations. Pages from the Lexington Kentucky Gazette and the Paris Western Citizen document on the screen the progression of whiskey-making to the stage where the best of it was old, smooth, amber in color and known as "Bourbon".

Straight Up: Kentucky Bourbon - Kentucky's rise to undisputed Bourbon Capital of the world is a rich, detailed, and innovative story that displays how the state has continued to raise the level of whiskey making to unprecedented heights.

Scotch! The Story of Whisky - The tale of whisky is the tale of Scotland's gift to the world, and so it follows that Scotch embroils itself in U.S history and travels to Sweden, Japan and Australia. Could it be that such nations are threatening Scotland's status as the home of whisky?

Whisky - The Islay Edition - A documentary special about the magic of the golden liquid called whisky and the small island off the coast of Scotland which has been called "the Capital of Whisky." The Scottish island of Islay is the home of eight world famous whisky distilleries. Whisky consists mainly of peat, water, barley and most importantly, it is made by people. All of these ingredients are found on the island of Islay.
      Last edited by JimLinebarger; February 19, 2021, 04:07 PM.

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        I caught that Islay Edition one, it was pretty interesting. I prefer Scotch to most other whiskeys and bourbon. I had no idea of the variety of differing blends they have. Maybe someday I'll do a Scotland pub crawl, then crawl back to my hotel
        Last edited by Troutman; February 19, 2021, 05:20 PM.

Nice, I will refer back to this if I have any slow nights at work coming up. I love learning about whiskey. Thank you for sharing these.

Comment

That looks like some good stuff there. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

I just stumbled on Food Safari - Fire. What a great show. Now I want to build an outdoor fire pit.

Comment

• fzxdoc
            fzxdoc commented
            Editing a comment
            Me too. I think Richard Chrz uses splits in his kettle. Living in a forest on the side of a mountain as we do, though, always makes me mindful of flying sparks. Otherwise I'd be trying that in a heartbeat.

Kathryn
            Last edited by fzxdoc; August 10, 2021, 08:27 AM.

So many shows, so little time. But you know, I have a pellet grill with WIFI. I can monitor my cooks from in front of the Screen with a show a going, remote in one hand, and PBR in the other. Got to love the Traeger Timberline 850.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here