Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite YouTube channel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is your favorite YouTube channel?

Being that we all love all things cooking and bbq’n I’m curious if y’all also enjoy watching YouTube videos. What are some that you enjoy watching on a regular basis? It doesn’t have to be YouTube, can be other platforms.

Some of my favorites: All Things BBQ, Pitmaster X, Ballistic BBQ(and Burgers), Alton Brown, Harry Soo, Malcolm Reed, Tom Horsman, Phil in Florence(RIP). These are just a few I watch many others, but I generally find myself learning a lot from these channels.

I will add, I got the love of cooking from watching my mom, but was able to put it all together by watching Alton Brown on Good Ears, he just spoke my language.

All of mine are in the pre-cook phase, i.e. farming and hunting videos. Farming since I grew up on one, hunting just to know people really get animals on a regular basis.

Comment

• au4stree
      au4stree commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess I restricted my "likes" to what Bbq type shows I watch but my kids and I watch The Hunting Public and Bowhunt or Die channels a lot.

I like Sam the Cooking Guy, Cowboy Kent Rollins, Townsends, Tasting History, Rick Bayless, Cajun Ninja, and I've subscribed to several others but mostly Panhead John 's Cavalcade of Beets channel.
    Last edited by 58limited; January 14, 2021, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Ultimate Fishing - Is a premium fishing channel. Matt Watson and the team target the world's most sought after fish aboard everything from super yachts to surfboards! New Content is uploaded weekly, with everything from full length episodes to easy to follow instructional videos, Ultimate Fishing has it all and its FREE. Check out www.ultimatefishing.tv for more FREE fishing content.

Northman with a penchant for history, freedom and travel Instagram: TheNorthmanReturns

The Bearded Butchers have crafted their enterprise on a strong foundation of three pillars, each one integral to the success and ethos of their business. The first pillar is their authentic butcher shop, Whitefeather Meats located in Creston Ohio, where the brothers invest countless hours meticulously butchering premium meat cuts for their loyal retail customers. The second pillar is their direct-to-consumer e-commerce venture, proudly hosted on this Youtube Channel. With their own warehouse and dedicated fulfillment and customer service team, they carefully curate a selection of products that includes their signature blends of spices and sauces that reflect their love for the art of butchery and the outdoor or barbecue lifestyle. The third pillar is the media content that emerges from the brothers' daily routine of butchering, as well as their vibrant lifestyle that revolves around family, hunting & fishing in the great outdoors, or grilling and barbecuing.

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Harold Baldr is MIA of late??

As for cooking, Malcolm Reed, Cowboy Kent, Steven Raichlen, Cooking with Ry and yes the BBQ Pit Boys. Any channel that has woodworking and sign making especially pallet projects and to round it out Fred Minnick and The Scotch Test Dummies for whiskey talk.

Comment

April Wilkerson is easily the most enjoyable channel I subscribe to. It's a little of this, a little of that, and a whole lot of a couple other things.

Panhead John also has a channel that I'm subscribed to, but he's missing some of the things that April has going for her.
        Last edited by willxfmr; January 14, 2021, 09:54 PM.

Comment

I will occasionally watch a few food channels,

but - my favorite are a few guitar/music channels! Rick Beato is one, especially when he does his break downs of songs! The others are guitar lesson channels! Rock on!!!

Comment

• ssandy_561
            ssandy_561 commented
            Editing a comment
            Rick is Awesome

Smarter Every Day
          (https://youtube.com/c/smartereveryday)

Jeep Solid
          (https://youtube.com/c/JeepSolid)

First We Feast
          (https://youtube.com/c/FirstWeFeast)

11’8”
          (https://youtube.com/c/yovo68)

Comment

• ssandy_561
            ssandy_561 commented
            Editing a comment
            I love watching Hot Ones

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            First We Feast.....da Bomb !!!

• Rocinante
            Rocinante commented
            Editing a comment
            Smarter Every Day - Strapped into a sinking helicopter makes me admire our brave men and women serving this country even more. That's crazy....

How to BBQ Right and Not Just Another Cooking Show. I have learned a ton from both of these and there is always very solid recipes.

Aside from that I do like Tom Horseman and also enjoy watching Canadian Prepper from time to time. I love You Tube for research as well.

Comment

Dito.

Comment

I don't watch cooking or BBQ channels, although I have enjoyed BBQ Pit Boys from time to time.

My favorite is ChrisFix. This guy is great, I have learned so much watching his vids and they get addicting to me.

I also really enjoy Time Pierce and Rick Beato. They are guitarists who've played on or produced many popular hits, and their channels are very educational and entertaining on the guitar & music theory end of things.

Comment

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                ssandy_561 I love his "What makes this song great" breakdowns. My favorite was Pearl Jam's Black.

• barelfly
                barelfly commented
                Editing a comment
                Yep! I just rewatched the Pearl Jam vids last week!

Paul Davids puts out some cool videos as well, different and a few of the guitar "lesson" type vids are a bit past what I can do, but I enjoy the videos he puts out.

Did you ssandy_561 and Huskee see the Improv Collab video he created? It was great! 10 YouTube hosts all playing over a backing track. Tim Pierce was apart of this video, as was Rick Beato.
                Last edited by barelfly; January 15, 2021, 08:56 AM.

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                barelfly I think it came up in my recommended but I haven't watched it, i will dig it up.

One of my favorite things to do on YouTube is what I call "Tubing".

I search a song I enjoy, as i am listening to it I check out the YouTube suggestions and when the song is over I will click on a song that I am not familiar with. I will listen to that song and repeat the process several times.

have discovered some great music this way.

I have also discovered many stinkers also along with some very weird things.

Comment

• au4stree
                au4stree commented
                Editing a comment
                YES! Me and my kids love doing that, I get lost in the related vids all the time. Good stuff

Well some of my fav YT-brothers in bbq and kitchen cooking..

Heavy Metal Bar-B-Que
              A backyard barbecue enthusiast that wanted to expand his knowledge of barbecue and turned to YouTube. After a year of watching and learning I decided to start documenting my journey. I take the basics that I've learned while trying new methods and techniques to see what works for me.

T-roy cooks
              Chillin' & Grillin' with T-ROY COOKS I'm originally from Baton Rouge, LA, moved to Austin, TX in 1990, and in 2023 moved to New Mexico. I try to incorporate some Cajun and Creole flavors with Southwestern flare. On my channel, you will see Southern Cooking mixed with a little Cajun, Texas BBQ, Italian, Mexican, and whatever else I feel like cooking. I usually upload one video per week, but since retiring I have times where I may not upload for a month or more so I can vacation with family. Hope you will subscribe and continue to enjoy all of my videos. Thanks!!!

The Root Boy Cooks
              Get your grill on with the RootBoy!Meat!Fire! Beer! I am just a guy trying to make dinner and talking to you about it while I do!

Ballistic BBQ
              If you're looking for some great Outdoor Cooking Recipes, then you found the right channel! Ballistic BBQ is all about traditional "Low N Slow" barbecue and grilling. But you will also find recipes that are traditionally cooked indoors prepared on the grill with a Ballistic BBQ twist! Stand-by if your a burger fan! Burgers are my specialty and I cook them using every technique known. I have a playlist crammed packed with original recipes and "copycats" of famous and iconic burgers from all over the world. You'll find that these recipes and techniques are explained in detail and made easy enough for even the most novice outdoor chef! So, if your looking to up your outdoor cooking game... Subscribe and ring that bell!

Hank's True BBQ
              This is THE place to learn about barbecue and grilling tips and tricks. All those details that make a big difference. Unsure about how to cook different cuts of meat on the grill? You've found the right channel Every now and then I fabricate a new grill, smoker or accessory. I'm a barbecue fanatic, book author and offset smoker builder. Author of the book ’Barbecue, fire and smoke’ (available on Amazon.com) Moderator Emeritus at AmazingRibs.com, SUBSCRIBE and Ring that Bell so you don't miss an episode!

White Thunder BBQ
              Here at White Thunder BBQ I have a passion for cooking everything outdoors. Generally I just try and cook awesome food. I use a variety of different grills to cook anything from low and slow to pizzas to desserts. There is nothing off limits in my book. If you have any recipe requests, let me know. So get outdoors and fire up that grill! Subscribe to for FREE! - http:// bit.ly/1DUlIs3 Check out my blog - http://whitethunderbbq.blogspot.com/ Connect with White Thunder BBQ on social media Facebook - http://on.fb.me/19gzk7k Twitter - http://twitter.com/whitethunderbbq Instagram - http://instagram.com/white_thunder_bbq

Spain on a Fork
              Hello YouTubers! Join me on a culinary adventure where I will show you how to make flavorful Spanish and Mediterranean recipes that are easy to make and done in a jiffy! New videos every monday, wednesday and friday. Remember to subscribe to my channel so you can stay up-to-date on all the newest recipes :) Become a part of Spain on a Fork, check out my Patreon page at https://www.patreon.com/spainonafork Visit the Official Spain on a Fork Blog http://www.spainonafork.com

Food Wishes
              Hello this is Chef John, and welcome to the Food Wishes channel, where the food is the star. Watch these fun-to-make, and easy-to-follow recipes, and you'll improve your culinary skills dramatically! I post new videos on Tuesdays and Fridays (usually), so keep checking back! Even better, join the community of astonishingly amazing people who subscribe to my channel, so you don’t miss a thing. For more, find all my recipes on Allrecipes.com (http://allrecipes.com/recipes/16791/everyday-cooking/special-collections/web-show-recipes/food-wishes/) and foodwishes.com, where I share the story, ingredients, and details that go along with these recipes. Not to mention lots of other fabulous fun for foodies! Enjoy!

Cooking Green Bastard Style
              Welcome to my Drunk Cooking & eating channel. If you are confused about what Drunk Cooking is, do us both a favour and leave now. I am not the actor Mike Smith, and am not trying to impersonate him. I cook my food while either wasted, drunk or hungover. I drink to excess like a true Canadian, daily, and I need to eat. I drink, swear and listen to very loud music all of the time, if this offends you, then go watch other people's videos. I am not a chef, nor do I wish to be one, I am just a drunk guy that cooks. So, basically, this is a channel for stoners & drunk people that want to make some great tasting foods. I also post vids that aren't cooking related. I cook things my way, and on a budget. I eat to live, not, live to eat. I live for beer, and have for many years. Bastardland is a Veganfree Zone. I am a huge fan of the Trailer Park Boys. Trailer Park Boys Rule!!!. Ricky for PM!!!

Chaplin's Classics
              A channel with videos devoted to food and Blues music. Here you will find classic videos from Chef Jack Chaplin's archive, as well as new cooking videos. For more of Jack's latest material please visit our other channels "Cooking with the Blues" and "JACK DADDY Records" and be sure to subscribe!

I'll edit the list later..

Comment

I only watch Harry Soo, mainly for the Smokefire commentary. I guess I use YT for very specific research projects versus content. Although I like his Silverbac content too.

Hi! My name is Harry Soo and I’m a pitmaster from Los Angeles. Welcome to my vlogs, BBQ product reviews, travel & lifestyle videos, BBQ contests, classes, as well as interviews and stories On weekdays, I'm an IT nerd living a Dilbertesque existence in a fabric covered cubicle in downtown LA. I'm the head tour guide for a team of IT project managers who build datacenters, networks, servers, and infrastructure that helps bring tap water to 300 cities and 20 million residents in SoCal. Retired in Dec 2021 and works as Pitmaster at Slap Yo' Daddy BBQ On weekends, I come alive as a pitmaster, competitor, and BBQ instructor. You've seen me on BBQ Pitmasters, Food Network, Chopped Grill Masters, Smoked, Cutthroat Kitchen, and local TV in California. My shtick is I've used a humble 18-inch Weber Smokey Mountain smoker to win 100+ first places and 1st place USA in the Kansas City BBQ Society (KCBS) awards including best chicken, brisket, and sirloin; including over 30 Grand Championships.

Comment

I'll probably get some DISLikes for this but I like watching Guga Food and Sous Vide Everything. I know he can be quite annoying but I get a kick out of the things he does.

I also like watching The Bearded Butchers. I think I would have liked to be a butcher but after 14 years of playing football at all levels but Pro my hands are quite arthritic and just breaking down a chicken can make them sore.

Comment

• FireMan
                    FireMan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Guga is cool!

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here