Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salt Fat Acid Heat and Applause

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salt Fat Acid Heat and Applause

So I finally got around to watching the Netflix series. It was pretty impressive. In one of the shows, I think it was the one where she was in Mexico - Acid, I think - when the food was brought to the table the people there applauded. I commented to my wife that I think she should applaud when I bring my creations to the table. Any of you old guys remember the old Readers Digest joke page Laughter is the Best Medicine? Before that comment the wife was a little tired and run down, after she stopped laughing (a good while later) she said she felt energized. Not sure how I should feel about that.

RD was one of my favorites growing up!

I agree with the required applause upon delivery.

Comment

• marshall
      marshall commented
      Editing a comment
      "Required applause" lol , will now be mandatory before anyone eats my meals!

I can live without the applause, what pisses me off is when you work all day to cook something that you think it’s really good and they take one look at it just say "I’ll go ahead and eat it later". Later is when it’s all cold it doesn’t taste good anymore.

(Geese I just read what I just wrote. Reminds me of the old joke, what is a Jewish American princess’ favorite wine? "I wanna go to Miami!!")

Comment

• Sam6687
      Sam6687 commented
      Editing a comment
      Two things guaranteed to set me off
      1. Complain "I don't want\im not in the mood for" when I asked for dinner ideas and nobody offered any suggestions. you had a chance for input, you didn't give it now you eat what I wanted to cook.
      2. Show up promptly at the table when I announce dinner is ready. You can pause your game, call your sister back. no excuses I spent time preparing and cooking it the least you can do is sit down as a family and eat it.

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Preach brother, and amen.

You mean your families don’t always applaud you when you serve them? 😂

Comment

This morning SWMBO asked for pancakes (she is normally the pancake cook but wasn’t feeling good)... so 20 minutes later I brought over a big plate of hot cakes and eggs. She said something along the line of "I didn’t ask for eggs"

meant as a observation, but came off a little snarky. we then had a talk about not taking each others’ cooking for granted. She was quite grateful for the sandwich I made her for lunch lol

i like the idea of applause... I’ll pitch that too her and report back

edit: She said "Sure I will applaud you ... *smirks*... sandwich wench" hahaha. I had joked that I was the sandwich wench earlier today.. looks like the nickname stuck
      Last edited by jhoskins; January 3, 2021, 03:17 PM. Reason: SWMBO response included

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, let us know how that works out.

I normally get a standing ovation. But I’ll settle for regular applause.

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        I did exaggerate a little bit. They do stand though....right before they turn around and go to Popeye’s.

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        or they turn and head for the toilet.

When I come in the house I normally hear "You again" whether I have food or not...

Comment

I guess my wife likes what I make. She still lets me cook.
        Last edited by JimLinebarger; January 3, 2021, 11:33 PM.

Comment

• HawkerXP
          HawkerXP commented
          Editing a comment
          +1

• klflowers
          klflowers commented
          Editing a comment
          She likes it, I just figured what the heck lol

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here