Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American BBQ Showdown-Netflix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

American BBQ Showdown-Netflix

Wifey and me binge watched this yesterday. All 8 episodes. Pretty good show. Not the typical bbq cooks we’ve seen a thousand times. Also as the rounds progress the contestants are forced to cook in ways and with foods they’ve never done or used before. Worth checking it out.

Good show. We enjoyed it too.

Comment

I enjoyed it. I watched it with my 8 year old and he was asking tons of questions which were fun to answer (to a point). It seems like there are a number of people here in the Pit that could hold their own in this competition. It is nice that it wasn't just a bunch of competition cooks like BBQ Pitmasters.

Comment

Finished watching it yesterday. I thought it was one of the better shows out there. The thing I liked was that all were very likable. Most shows always have one or two cooks that you can't help but root against because of their personality. I really enjoyed and hope it has a second season.

Comment

Yup. Great show. Made me want to expand my side dish recipes.

Comment

Just found this show and I am watching it now.

I like it, as others have pointed out, because they are clearly bringing it backyard cooks. One guy doesn't know the ideal temp to cook ribs (to be fair, most of us cook off the bend test), and another didn't know the ideal mix ratio for sausage. And of course, some haven't even cooked the meats or for large groups before. Definitely a different vibe and entertaining.

Comment

• BluesDaddy
              BluesDaddy commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm pretty sure they're not "back yard" cooks, though perhaps no all are competitors. I know the winner, Tina Cannon, is a long time competition cook, etc. I'd have to watch the first episode again to see what the others do, but I believe a number of them have restaurants, catering, etc.

• STEbbq
              STEbbq commented
              Editing a comment
              I haven't finished the series yet, so it would be nice if I could avoid spoilers.

I agree that some are definitely competitors on the circuit (as the show mentions), but at least so far, they are all struggling to varying degrees with the challenges as they are not used to the ingredients, timeframes (one of them got a perfect score on ribs at a comp and then didn't do well) etc.

We watched it and really enjoyed it. Surprised there isn't a second season.

Comment

• Wedunne
              Wedunne commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, I check every now and then hoping they made some more. But I think that's it.

We really enjoyed it, for all the above mentioned reasons. It was filmed not far from where we live. I was impressed by some of the challenges, and the effort the contestants put into tackling things they'd never seen before. The part I enjoyed most was that the people were just people - no celeb chefs, just people who (mostly!) knew what they were doing and willing to take on some tough challenges. It was well worth watching, and I hope they do another season.

Comment

I've watched a few episodes. Not bad. I'm not a reality TV show person though.

Comment

i watched it, totally disagree with who won

Comment

Finished it. Like others, completely disagree on the winner. They also need to lose the 2 comedians and let the competitors change their clothes. Deserves another season for sure!

Good advertising for Lang too.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here