Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello fresh subscriber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello fresh subscriber

Click image for larger version

Name:	5578A71C-8C74-4FBE-BB52-A8C0BEEAA359.jpeg
Views:	231
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	914953Click image for larger version

Name:	EF08E6FC-63B8-4F32-A47C-EC800E8561C9.jpeg
Views:	234
Size:	197.0 KB
ID:	914951Click image for larger version

Name:	7D77D6B9-6AF5-45C4-BBF6-947A923BD247.jpeg
Views:	238
Size:	203.1 KB
ID:	914950Click image for larger version

Name:	02A98ED3-101F-4516-8D22-616372A77A2F.jpeg
Views:	246
Size:	183.8 KB
ID:	914949 So the wife signed up for "hello fresh" it’s an online food delivery subscription that sends you everything you need to make meals, I originally thought it was a waste of money when she told me about it, but I must say I have been pleasantly surprised! so thought I’d share some pics!
    First the nice thing about the meals are you don’t have to buy a whole package , bag , box, spice etc. of an item you may only need a small amount of. There is virtually no waste or leftovers
    Attached Files

I'm glad you're happy with it so far. I had one of these for a while, but after a couple deliveries I wanted to use some of the ingredients for something else. End of subscription... LoL.

Comment

We've used Hello Fresh for about 4 years. Started with it out of necessity when I broke a shoulder and my husband had to attempt cooking for us. Then we kept it up for the convenience of making fewer trips to the grocery.

I often took the ingredients and made something else, although many of their dinners are delicious, with inventive use of flavors. We had some favs that we would often order. The portions are a bit skimpy, especially the proteins, but that's how we should be eating nowadays I guess. What I like the least about them is that their "fresh" vegetables were anything but fresh. Most were pretty sad-looking.

I really appreciated having those deliveries during lockdown times, but now I associate those meals with lockdown/Covid quarantine, etc. and want to make a fresh start with using more of what is already in my freezer. So I put them on hold a few months back and honestly haven't missed those meals. They had a good run with us, though.

Like you said, the nice thing is that there are no leftovers. When I cook, there are always leftovers squeezing their way into my already-full freezers.

Kathryn
      Last edited by fzxdoc; September 23, 2020, 08:35 AM.

Comment

My wife and I tried this (maybe it was Blue Apron?) a couple years back. Nearly every shipment arrived thawed and warm. They were good about sending replacements but sometimes it took two or three tries to get us something we could use. The food was decent enough but our kids didn't really care for most of it.

There used to be a burger box service that sent ingredients for some over the top burgers every month that I really liked. It ended up being around $15 per burger which is expensive for an at home burger but pretty reasonable compared to eating a burger like that out. Unfortunately they shut down after a few months.

Comment

Welcome to The Pitmaster Club! We are happy to have you. Thank you for your support.

Comment

• HouseHomey
            HouseHomey commented
            Editing a comment
            yrah!!!!!

We used to use HelloFresh but I found for me, they were too carb heavy (I'm diabetic) and they didn't have a low carb offering. We switched to MakeGoodFood.ca because they have what they call their Clean 15 which are all low carb meals. We love the service. Their protein serving sizes are perfect, the produce is really fresh and high quality, and the recipes are really good and varied. We do 3 2-person meals a week in spring, summer, and fall and then 4 2-person meals a week for the winter since my outdoor cooking is somewhat curtailed given the winters up here.

Comment

• fzxdoc
            fzxdoc commented
            Editing a comment
            I wish there was a branch of that company in the US.

K.

• crazytown3
            crazytown3 commented
            Editing a comment
            Me too. I would be all over that if it were in the U.S.

fzxdoc So im in need of a vacation. perhaps i can sleep in your garage and SUPRISE!! ive worked my way through your freezer for 3 weeks.

I love shopping for fresh stuff too!

The possibilities i imagine are endless.

Its Fall Ya'all

Comment

I totally misread the title of this thread. I thought "hello, fresh subscriber!" was an odd way to greet a new member.

Comment

• fzxdoc
              fzxdoc commented
              Editing a comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here