Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great video butchering a side of beef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chewey
    commented on 's reply
    BTW, I picked up one of those knives. I'm pretty impressed. Pretty cheap on Amazon too.

• Arsenlael
    replied
    Fascinating. It freaks me out how those knives go through everything with such ease. I struggle just to trim fat off a brisket.

Leave a comment:

• Chewey
    replied
    I certainly looked at the meat case differently when I went to COSTCO this afternoon. Pretty cool video. I gotta get me some of those knives!

Leave a comment:

• Andrrr
    replied
    If that doesn’t make you want to throw a chunk of meat over a flame...

Leave a comment:

• RobertC
    replied
    Thanks for sharing that. My step-father was a butcher so that was quite nostalgic. I worked in the shop selling meat and cutting up chickens and ducks and smaller pieces but I was never allowed to cut up big pieces -- not that the customers would ever want to buy or cook an uneven piece of meat. My step-dad had a great sense of 3-D visualization: he could run his hand over the outside of a side of beef or a lamb or a pig or a deer (or, I suppose, a horse or zebra or hippopotamus) and know where to cut to maximize the shop's profit.

Leave a comment:

• rickgregory
    replied
    Was anyone else taken aback even a bit when, about 40 mins in, he stopped to display all the cuts he'd gotten from the front quarter? I mean, intellectually I knew that was a lot of meat but damn.... laid out like that, you really see just HOW much.
    Last edited by rickgregory; March 6, 2020, 01:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    replied
    I love watching stuff like this. I started the video then could not stop.

Leave a comment:

• ssandy_561
    replied
    Their tri tip video is also informative

Leave a comment:

• FireMan
    replied
    They got some really cool vids on butchering venison, cool dudes.

Leave a comment:

• wu7y
    replied
    That guy is good! Looks like he has done that once or twice before. Has anyone here tried any of their seasonings?

Leave a comment:

• Skip
    replied
    Great video. Thanks for posting.

Leave a comment:

• Henrik
    replied
    Great watch! Another channel to follow.

Leave a comment:

• Backroadmeats
    replied
    The bearded butchers. They make some really good videos.. I cut meat every day and that guy is good!!

Leave a comment:

• Donw
    replied
    Thank you. I had just glued up and clamped a project and wondered what to do next while waiting. This fit the bill splendidly and I learned something to boot.

Leave a comment:

• JakeT
    commented on 's reply
    So true! Me and a few of the guys at work got stuck watching almost the whole thing on a Friday afternoon a few weeks ago! (I swear we're normally extremely productive)

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis