Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Pretty Good Facebook Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Pretty Good Facebook Site

Last June my wife mentioned that she was seeing a bunch of hits (happy birthday wishes) on my what I thought I deleted Facebook page. It seems someone tried to hack into it and FB security reactivated it (or whatever) and then contacted me about it. LSS, the trolls in the basement at FB hornswaggled me into reopening my account. Kind of glad they did as it allows me to stay in touch with folks that I enjoy interacting with.

So, the point of this comment is to share a FB page page called Cooking Meat Low and Slow that a friend turned me on to. It's just a bunch of folks like us sharing their cooks and techniques in a FB page format. The mods take very good care of the page and there have been no flame wars that I have seen, just camaraderie and shared passion. A lot of "myths" are still alive and well on it and some of the things that folks do can make one scratch their head, but if that doesn't bother you, and you're a Facebooker, check it out:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/9061322993/?fref=nf
    Last edited by CaptainMike; October 7, 2019, 07:29 AM.

I guess I did just fall off the turnip truck. What is L & S cooking?

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Hahahaha, I knew you would!!

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Did a little editing to eliminate some head scratching.

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Fireman - Come on. Everyone knows it stands for Long and Stretched. It involves a rotisserie that continually pulls. As the meat gets hotter, it gets longer. You can make a blanket out of a simple flank steak. If the dogs sleep in your room you will wake up really cold, though.

I keep meaning to get back on facebook, but this site gets all my attention.

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, the trick, at least for me, is to winnow the friends list down to folks who don't lose their minds over trivial stuff. That doesn't mean they're not real-life friends, I just don't go for the whole hysteria or "look at me virtue signal!" thing. My friends list has gotten pretty small, but it's folks I enjoy interacting with. Like those of us here in the Pit.

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah part of my problem was people that I respect in real life started losing my respect due to their cyber personalities. In order to keep a little respect for them, I stopped using FB. In retrospect, I probably needed to kick them to the curb and continued to use the platform.

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      It's why the only internet identity I have in here in the Pit. I joined a few things over the years but never posted there. No Facebook, no Instagram (I don't think Fantasy Football counts where I am a real SOB). I see what goes on with my wife's account and I am really glad I don't have the presence.
      Last edited by tbob4; October 7, 2019, 03:18 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here