Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBQ contests on tv?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBQ contests on tv?

I remember about a decade ago the Food Network would televise The Big Pig Jig, Memphis in May, The KC Royal (I think that’s the name), etc. Do they do that anymore? Does a different network? Any good YouTube documentaries about them? I find little 12 minute, jankie "home movie" type docs. Anyone have any good answers or links?

I hope someone answers this. I'd like to know as well.

Comment

Looks like crickets.

Comment

Wish I could help you out, but I don't even get those channels, much less watch them. I'm sure they have a website with programming listings.

Comment

Amazon Prime has an old, but cool look into the KCBS American Royal called Smoke and Ribbons. I thought it was very well done. It makes me want to go just to be in that atmosphere.

Comment

• joeyerke
            joeyerke commented
            Editing a comment
            @MoPorkplease Fantastic! That’s what I’m looking for. I’m tired of the shows where they tell me to "meet Chet an ex hedge fund manger and his hairdressing wife Patty that bought this funky little old Bomb shelter and turned it into a place cranking out brisket pizza and venison slurpees."

• joeyerke
            joeyerke commented
            Editing a comment
            Dude...... Fantastic call on that Prime documentary. Amazon also has TONS of other bbq shows. Not sure how I missed them all. Thanks a ton.

Amen, I liked that the teams featured were just trying to get their foot in the door and hoping just to get a callback in any category. KC looks like that would be a fun weekend!! Hope you enjoy.

Comment

Food Network and its formula for reality TV based Chefutainers is the work of Satan.

Comment

• smokin fool
              smokin fool commented
              Editing a comment
              Tehee, yeah, if I had they're state of the art kitchens, with pantries crammed to the brim with exotic foods and spices along with a bevy of trained asst super chefs in a 30 min episode I could probably turn out something reasonable to eat too.

Have you seen all of the BBQ Pit-masters/ Allstars shows? I have seen most of them and were pretty entertaining. It features pit-masters like Myron Mixon, Tuffy Stone, Johnny Trigg and Big Moe Cason. They still do reruns of that show. Myron Mixon is coming out with with another show shortly with the same premise.

Comment

• joeyerke
              joeyerke commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah I like those shows. I don’t like the ones that give a challenge like "alright Pitmasters next challenge is making smoking a brisket with no rub, an easy bake oven and 3 chicken breasts." I just want to see a normal competition documentary.

• crazytown3
              crazytown3 commented
              Editing a comment
              joeyerke amen to that brother. +1 million

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here