Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some KC Props...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some KC Props...

Interestin PBS documentary on Burnt Ends, hits purty close to Home, fer me....

Til I went in th Service, at th tender age of 23, why Hail, I didn't know that there was folks what didn't know what BBQ was, much less burnt ends...

Now you went and did it! I'm so hungry I'm ready to eat my keyboard...

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Happened to me, too; went, got some stellar Mexican takeaway, at Burrito King!
      Much Better, Now!

Dang those look good. Good thing I had some left over prime rib earlier.

Comment

The holy grail of bbq!

Comment

Thanks for sharing, brother! I’m rather upset that I’m stuck at work now because I’ve got pretty significant hankering for a pound or 7 of those Smokey little cubes of deliciousness!!!

Comment

Mighty fine video, my friend!

gotta do some soon!

Comment

@Mr. Bones
            Thanks for the video. That makes them sound awfully good. I have stayed away from them because everyone seems to sauce the hell out of them. (don't like sweet sauces)
            Are they good nekid? Or with a non sweet sauce?

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              I also don't want so much sweet, especial with beef..so I use more savory rubs, an sauce...

I Might use a sweeter combo on pork burnt ends, but sweet beef is not a personal fave flave profile...

I don't even sweet rub or sauce my pork, with very rare exception, like ~ mebbe 5% of th time, an usually at somebody else's behest...

ofelles I edited, added comments
              Last edited by Mr. Bones; July 28, 2019, 03:31 PM. Reason: I edited, added comments

Now I need to make a burnt end brisket burger like they do at Q39 (minute marker about 20:30 to 24 min into the video). I would never have thought to sear off the underside of the hot sliced-off whole point. Gosh darn, that sounds so good!

Thanks for the video, Mr. Bones . Another winner.

Kathryn

Comment

Thanks for sharing, Mr. Bones but please remember General Discussion is for anything OFF the topic of food, cooking, cookers, or food videos. We have a channel for videos, cookbooks, TV shows, etc, and I've moved this there. Thanks!

Comment

• FireMan
                FireMan commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, and don’t you ferget it! 🤔

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks, an sorry!

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here