Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

August 1: BBQ Brawl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

August 1: BBQ Brawl

Perhaps old news to everyone, but me; however, Food Network's new series BBQ Brawl starts August1. First contestents are Flay and Symon.

BBQ Brawl, eh? Let's hope they cook hamburgers so nobody gets hurt.

Comment

Sounds like a fun series. Thanks for the heads-up on it.

Kathryn

Comment

If it's like other cookin' shows, they will give them some strange ingredients like kangaroo tail and kumquats to cook in 30 minutes...

Comment

• mstruth
          mstruth commented
          Editing a comment
          Hope not, but as two Iron Chefs they would likely do someting fantastic with those ingredient.

• Willy
          Willy commented
          Editing a comment
          Not sure about tail, but kangaroo is a great meat!

I saw the ad for this over the weekend. I piqued my interest enough that added it to my record list. Michael Symon is a nut.

Comment

Interesting. Hope they add some dedicated pitmasters to the mix.

Comment

Thanks. I added it on YouTube TV so when it airs, it’ll record!

Comment

As I read it Bobby and Michael are the hosts with teams of other barbeque'rs. But we will see. But it should be fun they are best friends, golf together, even take vacations together with their families. Both Iron Chefs.

Comment

Yeah, they are both unbelievably talented. It ought to be interesting due to the nature of the subject.

Comment

Another reality tv show, I pass. Too bad these excellent chefs continue to sell out for the sake of celebrity.

Might I suggest a real food series called Taco Chronicles on Netflix that has a 6 episode series just on the various tacos in Mexico. Well worth watching and learning some culinary history.

Comment

• mstruth
                    mstruth commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That may prove true, but watching an episode before drawing a conclusion won't hurt me. After all, Boddy did BBQ Addiction before BBQ was cool.

• Troutman
                    Troutman commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hey I'm sure it will be good entertainment mstruth. I've watched Bobby's Grillin' and Chillin' show for quite a while, often times pick up on some good recipes. It's just when they get into these challenges that it just gets too game show like for me. I really miss the old days of the Food Network where they actually cooked on tv.

• klflowers
                    klflowers commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Grillin and Chillin with Fireman Jack was a great series. Made me laugh.

Anyone else watch the first episode? Finding it hard to believe Tuffy Stone would be up for elimination so quickly against some of the other "pitmasters" he's been paired with, especially over a pork chop.

Comment

• klflowers
                    klflowers commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I watched too. I was not that impressed. Now if Flay and Simon actually cooked something, I would watch all day.

• mstruth
                    mstruth commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Same thoughts about Tuffy - was also surprised he was a "contestent" given the # of times he was a judge on MM's BBQ Pitmasters show. I think I'm one-and-done.

• crazytown3
                    crazytown3 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Same thoughts about Tuffy. It just seemed weird that he is a contestant and not a judge. Same with Lee Ann Whippen.

@kflowers they did cook in the first show and last night. Surprised Tuffy went out in the first round but he was judged by his peers some of the best.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here