Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gas Grill Rib Cook...OMG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas Grill Rib Cook...OMG

Time for pizza delivery!!

Comment

Why doesn’t he do it himself?

Comment

• Steve R.
        Steve R. commented
        Editing a comment
        The apple didn't fall far from the tree, probably.

Purty dang funny, actually...though, perhaps a flaw of mine, I tend to prefer to pull mine, summat previous to th condition shown...
      If'n yall need any translation of what's bein said, I can probly hook yall up...
      Native Tongue, an alla dat...

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Indeed, RonB ...when I turns myself around, an look back that direction, certainly I cain't even still see th horizon, Brother! Much less, "Th Line"
        Mebbe, when th smoke clears, though...

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounded like he said the grylll is on faaar

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        reckon that's so... klflowers

That right there is one the funniest things I've ever seen. Oh, and the woman was very lucky that the powdered flour didn't wind up blowing up. :-)
      Last edited by pkadare; July 15, 2019, 06:40 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        guy at work tried to throw coffee creamer on a flair up once...flames got so big and hot it busted a window behind where one of the communal grills sit. Finally put it out with a dry chemical fire extinguisher.

Flame kissed!

Comment

• scottranda
        scottranda commented
        Editing a comment
        🔥 💋

• Mudkat
        Mudkat commented
        Editing a comment
        There's your ultimate sear Scott!

• scottranda
        scottranda commented
        Editing a comment
        Mudkat HAHAHHAA. OH man that was good!!!

do you think they will pass the bend test?

Comment

Oh lordie, that open paint can and tray in the foreground. Lots of flammables around there. It's a wonder the whole porch didn't catch on fire. I do hope they did "cut the gas off", though.

Kathryn

Comment

Now nothing like that happened to me but my first rib cook was on a propane grill about 20 years ago.

I preheated the grill like I normally did for pork chops. Brushed Kraft BBQ sauce all over the ribs. Tossed the ribs on the preheated grill and heard that familiar hiss of meat searing that I always tried for.

Grilled for about 15 minutes total turning frequently battling flare ups. Pulled off the grill and took them in the house and then gnawed on a few bones for about 15 minutes and gave up and then decided I needed to learn how to BBQ.

Comment

First, that video was hilarious on so many different levels. But secondly, I had a fire worse than that on my $3000 DCS gasser. Yea I'll admit it, didn't clean it for the entire summer, had a lousy grease collection system, just went to a flat tray. Anyway, I went out one day to fire it up, I was going to cook something hot. Went back into the house to prepare the meat, turned around and all I saw were flames shooting about 3 feet into the air. The entire thing was ablaze. All I could think about was the propane tank so I made a beeline for it and got it unhooked while this blazing inferno was going off over my head, kissing my patio overhang.

All I could think to do was let it burn itself out and being a grease fire I didn't want to start spraying it with a garden hose. It eventual died but it burned up the entire ignition system, wiring, plastic knobs, anything that could burn. I priced replacing the guts to the thing and it was going to be something like $450 in parts alone. Plus it had porcelain grates that had the porcelain completely worn off so they were just rusted cast iron. A set of those in stainless was about $300.

I said forget it, hauled it to the junkyard and they gave me $65 for the stainless shell. Went out and bought my Weber Summit and swore I would never let a cooker get dirty like that again. So far I've kept that promise. That video and ones like it remind me of what could have been a disaster. Keep them grills clean !!!

Comment

• bollingknowles
              bollingknowles commented
              Editing a comment
              I feel ya. I once lost a grill for similar reasons. Needless to say, the grill was dirty and alcohol may have been involved. Fired her up, got it smoking hot and threw about 30 brats on there. Closed the lid, went inside and kept on drinking with some friends. Kind of forgot about it until a friend saw a ranging inferno out in the back yard. Haven't had that happen since, but at that time in my life, the fire department visited almost weekly.

• Dan Deter
              Dan Deter commented
              Editing a comment
              I feel like I need to go clean my Summit now...

I normally don't even crack a smile at "dumb redneck" videos, but this one had my eyes watering and my jaws aching!

Comment

I guess I really shouldn't laugh at this. Back in the old days before I discovered the pleasure of smoked and grilled food, I used to boil my ribs and chicken before throwing them on the grill. I did this one day and wandered downstairs to get on the computer. Later, much to my horror, I found that the pot had boiled dry and caught on fire. A dry chemical extinguisher, while effective, makes a bloody mess. :-)

Comment

• Troutman
                Troutman commented
                Editing a comment
                at least you had the extinguisher.

Great laugh this morning! Glad it turned out okay. That deck/porch could have been as well done as the ribs, not to mention the chef and the thoughtful kid who could only video it and laugh at his mamma. Never crossed young ones mind to help her out.

Comment

I wish the video was still available so I could see what all of you did. I was at a cookout where the old propane hose sprung a leak that turned into a blow torch aimed at the tank. Fortunately we had a fireman in the group who knew to just get a garden hose to spray on the tank to cool it until we could find protective gear to turn off the tank valve. Good to know. The protective gear was a wet towel. He just had minor burns. Dinner was delayed due to the loss of one of two grills.
                ​​​

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here