Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NON-BBQ Cookbooks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I could only have one cookbook, it would be Joy of Cooking. My wife is an excellent southern nana and cook, and her old standby is the BHG.

This may be a bit off the wall, but a number of years ago, Marlboro put out a number of cowboy-themed cookbooks and pamphlets that had some good stuff in them. You can still find them on eBay and Amazon.

Comment

Here's what's currently on the shelf.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190609_093804.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	158.1 KB
ID:	692321

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        An admirable collection of knowledge, Brother!

I have my grandma's old cookbook from 1946: The American Woman's Cookbook. My aunt inherited it and had it rebound, and then my mom got it, and then me. I grew up on meals made with these recipes and I still use it.

Comment

Anybody else here remember this TV show? Much less have th cookbook?
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Sam Arnold Frying Pans West.jpg Views:	1 Size:	530.4 KB ID:	692514
        I do, an do...

Comment

• Sweaty Paul
          Sweaty Paul commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow. That’s cool.

I'd be downright remiss, if I didn't mention havin this one:

Name:	Cowboy Cookbook.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	692529

Comment

• 58limited
          58limited commented
          Editing a comment
          Great cookbook. Hopalong Hominy and his chicken fried steak are my faves.

• Nate
          Nate commented
          Editing a comment
          I have this one.

Chock fulla good ideals, an really love th author's style:

Name:	Tex Mex.jpg
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	692538

Comment

• Livermoron
          Livermoron commented
          Editing a comment
          Robb Walsh is a demigod in the Southwest...

• Dan Deter
          Dan Deter commented
          Editing a comment
          +1, its one of the go-to's thanks to my Texan wife.

Yet another goodie, from th same author:

Name:	Chili Cookbook.jpg
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	692543

Comment

• Nate
          Nate commented
          Editing a comment
          I have this one too!

I still refer to some good cookbooks by a group of ladies who I think are from Canada. Not sure how well it sold into the US, but the series was called Best of Bridge. Some are still available on the Canadian Amazon site.

Comment

These are four of my favorites. Can’t go wrong with anything from Jacques or Julia.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Great selections, Brother!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here