Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aaron Franklin Teaches Texas-Style Barbecue on MasterClass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aaron Franklin Teaches Texas-Style Barbecue on MasterClass

I am jazzed about this! 🤘

Neat. I will watch when I have more time.

Comment

Pretty cool.

Comment

Now that's extremely interesting.
        Great attitude on smoking, especially about making mistakes....

Comment

Hmmm. $90 for the class, or $180 for a year with unlimited classes. I’ll have to think about it, it very well might be worth it.

Comment

That's a lot of money. I agree it would be very well worth it but a lot of actual knowledge I bet he's going to impart can be gleaned from his books and his existing YouTube videos. He also teaches by using an offset smoker, unless you plan on cooking by that method it may not translate well to guys cooking on kettles or kamados.

Anyway, not dissing it, just think it's a bit extravagant. I think a lot of guys on here know most of the techniques to produce some fine product on their own. Just my opinion, but hey I still love and respect the guy !!!

Comment

• Mosca
              Mosca commented
              Editing a comment
              The best advice is in the trailer: "In order to make good brisket, you have to first make bad brisket."

Thank you. New member of MasterClass and Aaron Franklin's newest understudy! Awesome.

Comment

Anybody thinking about paying for his Masterclass should watch (assuming they haven't already) his PBS tv show from a few years ago called "BBQ with Franklin". It was eight or ten half hour episodes that were well worth watching. His first cookbook is also worth buying (as is his second one about steak).

His Masterclass course may well offer a little more detail than his book and tv show and for some folks that might be worth the $90.

Comment

• hubmacfan
                hubmacfan commented
                Editing a comment
                The whole shows aren't available on YouTube, but a good portion of the shows are.

• au4stree
                au4stree commented
                Editing a comment
                I loved that series, very well done. I also watched them on my Amazon Prime video account, but it has been a while ago, not sure they're still on there.

• Histrix
                Histrix commented
                Editing a comment
                The full episodes are available here - http://www.pbs.org/food/features/bbq...klin-episodes/

I loved the PBS show. For anyone wondering how they compare, this course is geared towards learning method. Franklin is not worried about entertainment as he was on the PBS show. He is taking things much slower and communicating in far greater detail. I have started the masterclass and it is fantastic.

Comment

• Santamarina
                Santamarina commented
                Editing a comment
                When I saw this I thought, "Of all the people doing MasterClasses Aaron Franklin needs one the least. All of his shows and books cover everything!"

Good to hear he takes a different direction and includes more info. This can only help make the world a better place, right?!?

• Bkhuna
                Bkhuna commented
                Editing a comment
                You mean he doesn't bleach his hair, wear an ankle bracelet and toe rings, and dress like a 13 year pre-pubescent junior high school boy? How then is he qualified to make videos?

If anybody is interested in joining MasterClass, you can use this link to get a $30 discount: https://share.masterclass.com/x/wyGX5R

Comment

• Bobby Q's
                Bobby Q's commented
                Editing a comment
                I was going to get the all access yesterday and it was $180. WIth that link it still shows $180 after the 30 has been applied. Am I missing something?

In this promo he mentions that he now cooks over 100 briskets a day. He opens at 11 AM , and is often sold out by 2 PM.

Comment

His two books are very good, too. Highly recommended. I actually made very good brisket for the first time this last weekend.

Comment

I'm so glad I have some bad briskets to look back on. Prevents me from going down, "i wonder if this will work road" NUMEROUS times.

Comment

Bobby Q's Did you end up getting the referral to take $30 off? This is a screenshot directly from MasterClass. They should give you the $30. I have never tried this before, so I don’t know how smooth the process is. I was just trying to save my fellow pit masters some cash.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I really want to check out the MasterClass. Do you know if the code is good towards the single class also, or just the annual subscription? Thanks for sharing both the info on the class and the discount code!

EDIT: Just read the link where it says very clearly it’s only for the all access pass...... clearly I’m pretty observant today. 🤣. I should have read first!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here