Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Operation BBQ" Cookbook! (From Operation BBQ Relief) 200+ Recipes From Volunteer Champion BBQ Teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Operation BBQ" Cookbook! (From Operation BBQ Relief) 200+ Recipes From Volunteer Champion BBQ Teams

Click image for larger version  Name:	cookbook-cover-450x506.png Views:	1 Size:	460.1 KB ID:	665265

With over 200 recipes from over 70 Champion (and OBR volunteer) BBQ Teams, this book is all about good things!

Purchase on Amazon!

Do you know if the proceeds of the book go to support Operation BBQ? I would assume so.

Comment

• lemayp
      lemayp commented
      Editing a comment
      The back cover says a portion of the proceeds will go to obr...

Originally posted by JoeSousa View Post
    Do you know if the proceeds of the book go to support Operation BBQ? I would assume so.
    That is a great question, and I searched their site to see but it doesn't specifically say.

Comment

Neat!

Comment

Very cool, will check it out...

Comment

I ordered one - gotta be some good stuff in there, and nice to see portion of sale goes to OBR.

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Mine's supposed to arrive today. I'll give a brief initial opinion on it later if anyone is interested.

• treesmacker
            treesmacker commented
            Editing a comment
            Mine will be here Friday. Thanks for the review Huskee. It looks like my money was well spent.

Well folks, my copy of Operation BBQ arrived today (odd since I ordered it early yesterday via Amazon Prime 2-day, yet it came in 1 day).

My first initial thoughts after spending about 30 mins leafing through it- GET IT!

It's not the typical "how to cook brisket & ribs & pulled pork" BBQ book- it's a recipe book. And full of unique and original recipes. Scattered throughout on some pages are insets with stories from some of the team members on their respective recipe pages.

Each chapter is sorted by type: Chapter 1 is Pork, Chapter 2 is Beef & Lamb, Chapter 3 is Poultry; there's Burgers & Sandwiches, Sea to Sea (seafood), Casseroles & Stews, Appetizers & Sides, Desserts, Rubs & Sauces. I'm impressed! The photography is top-notch, and nearly all recipes have full-page photos, at least 3/4 do I'd guess.

Toward the back is a Basic Tools and Techniques section which is 3 pages of indirect vs direct, how to use smoking wood, etc, tips & instructions for newbies who can use that info. Then all the BBQ Team bios, then an index which is a nice touch.

Here's a few shots to give you an idea of some of the variety of recipes, I've blurred the details so as not to violate OBR's copyright. And yes, good ol' brisket, several ribs, and turkey, chicken & wings recipes are also in there if you want some of the standard recipes too.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMAG2526.jpg Views:	1 Size:	960.1 KB ID:	665987
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMAG2523_LI.jpg Views:	1 Size:	250.1 KB ID:	665918Click image for larger version  Name:	IMAG2524_LI.jpg Views:	1 Size:	414.3 KB ID:	665917Click image for larger version  Name:	IMAG2525_LI.jpg Views:	1 Size:	253.8 KB ID:	665916
          Attached Files

Comment

• treesmacker
            treesmacker commented
            Editing a comment
            I received my copy today. It really is a great recipe book. Since I'm doing my first brisket tomorrow, I decided to try the rub from the book recipe "Brad's Brad Ass Brisket". I'll post results and review on "show us".

Had me at mini cheesecakes! Thanks for the better in-depth review/preview.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here