Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Five Smokin Mistakes...Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr. Bones Nice thread and that was a good video. The timing couldn't have been better. That guy affirmed so many realizations I've come to over the past couple of years. Going further, I've watched his videos with his OKJ and he does a great job of educating how to use that COS. I've been researching that cooker for a year (MCS is quite the affliction) and really want to add it to my arsenal. My wife rightly cites patio space, but because our patio is flush (no elevation) with a good sized-backyard...anyhow, that guy's videos have been almost critical toward my decision that I really want an OKJ. Gotta try and take things to the next level.

Thanks for posting this. I think Ry has a great approach to all of this and he articulates it with clarity and humility.

Cheers, amigo!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks fer alla them kind words, amigo!
      Ya do know I have an OKJ Highland, sittin right out front, right?
      If ya have questions, gimme a holler, okay?

• JeffJ
      JeffJ commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr. Bones Yes, I'm aware that you have an OKJ and I was planning on using the IM feature on this site to pepper you with questions. I've done enough research and watched a bunch of Youtube videos that I think I've got this but I know that when it comes time to do it for the first time I'm probably going to feel lost.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      I have great faith in yer abilities, jus wanted to let ya know I got yer six...

Smoke On, Brother!

Thanks for the link Mr. Bones
    I've followed Ry quite some time..

Comment

I follow him and like his vids but think he's getting a little to commercial with sponsored products and equipment

Comment

Nice video. Thanks, Mr. Bones .

For me relaxing is sipping a beer and watching my Fireboard readouts from time to time as my delicious food smokes along.

I liked the MCS-based suggestion, but my husband didn't.

Kathryn

Comment

• JeffJ
          JeffJ commented
          Editing a comment
          You just described my day yesterday, Kathryn. We were at the in-laws and I plunked a chair next to the kettle and sipped a couple of beers occasionally checking the digital read-out for the turkey. It was 67 degrees (felt warmer) and sunny. After getting some snow last week it was a welcome change.

• fzxdoc
          fzxdoc commented
          Editing a comment
          Sounds like a great day, JeffJ . I bet that turkey was delicious.

Kathryn

Thanks for sharing that video, Bonesy! It made me feel better about a lot of my cooks.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Glad ya enjoyed it, that was certainly my intent.
          It made me feel better bout a lotta my cooks, as well

Thanks Mr Bones, I moved this to Member Reviews > Videos since this is a cool video that you like.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Many Thanks, Dubble A!
          I wasn't zackly quite sure jus where it might fit in, but wanted to share it with my esteemed Pit Members!

Thx for the video. I thought No 1 was quite appropriate. At work it's all deadlines and time schedules. BBQ gets me out of that frame of mind.

Comment

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          #1 is one of my main priorities.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here