Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking forward to Good Eats Reloaded tonight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking forward to Good Eats Reloaded tonight!

Alton Brown is quite entertaining, and his series is getting a makeover. He's even implementing the "reverse sear" on his steak episode tonight, on the Cooking channel.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Learned a lot from the original series. (Especially his smoked salmon recipe.) I hope 2.0 is just as good.

Comment

Go Hawks!! (Sorry, not sorry)

Comment

• MattTheGR8
            MattTheGR8 commented
            Editing a comment
            It's a Hawkeye state!

Loved his original series. Dropped cable so I won’t see the new stuff for quite a while.

Hope its it’s as good and I hope he corrects some not quite right info in the original series if he re-does those foods (the community has learned a lot in the last decade due to Kenji, Meathead, and I’ve seen plenty of new ideas from Alton as well, among many others).

Comment

Thanks for the heads up, I enjoyed that episode.

Comment

Reviews?

Comment

• Dick Anderson
                Dick Anderson commented
                Editing a comment
                I was disappointed that it was a rerun. A good one, but still...

• Attjack
                Attjack commented
                Editing a comment
                So it's not new episodes it's just a re-airing of old episodes?

• JimLinebarger
                JimLinebarger commented
                Editing a comment
                Attjack It is reviewing some old episodes and bringing them up to date like salting meat a few hours before cooking instead of right before. And a couple of other things, too.

I just watched a bunch of these and I appreciate his corrections.

Reverse sear
              cooking pasta in very little water
              ketting meat come to room temperature (that one always bothered me)
              etc

So here’s a quiz question:

What examples do you have of something from the original series that should be corrected based on what we know now?

I think the the biggest thing is that we have SV as a new tool to work some magic now that would change several episodes. Maybe he will work that into his new episodes coming up.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here