Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good Deal on a Good Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Deal on a Good Book

When I first moved to Texas some 40+ years ago, I discovered the BBQ. I was a Midwest boy who only knew how to burn a piece of meat on a grill over charcoal. I soon started eating real BBQ then started wondering how they did that. That led me on the journey that has taken me the rest of my life to just nick the true surface of that answer. While trolling around for a book on Amazon I ran across this book about Texas BBQ, one that I'd seen a long time ago and has been recently re-published. Looking at some of the recipes I saw some things I haven't tried in years, like marinading and basting chicken with basically Italian dressing, something I did religiously for years and have gotten away from. Anyway, those in Texas will enjoy this book, but even if you're not it's a glimpse into a tradition that goes back as far as the Republic, PLUS it's only $1.80 for the Kindle version. Enjoy !!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Legends of Texas BBQ.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	490414

Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Thank you for sharing the knowledge. $1.80 might buy us a gem in the rough.

Comment

Such a deal. $1.80 won't get you anything at Starbucks. Well, maybe a stare from the barista that for all intents and purposes asks, "Are you stupid or something?"

Comment

Got this book about 3 1/2 years ago when I stumbled upon a dude with a top ten recommended reading list about BBQ, just when I was getting interested in the art of Q. The dude was Meathead. 6 months later I went in search of who he was & found AR. The west is histowy. Wuv wibs.

Comment

• Troutman
              Troutman commented
              Editing a comment
              I like wibs. Do you have this edition? Seems to be more recipes.

Thanks! Can never get enough sauce recipes.

Comment

Troutman, no I didn’t have this edition, thanx muchos. Hey, Mallman’s Seven Fires & On Fire are even less dinero. What a score. Thanx again.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here