Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One of the coolest outdoor cooking videos, must see

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the coolest outdoor cooking videos, must see

This is one if the most relaxing, captivating, and informative cooking videos I've ever seen, and not a word is spoken. (other than the occasional ads, stupid free YouTube)

If you have 24mins to give this a go straight through I HIGHLY recommend you watch it all.

I've been told this guy's channel is fantastic but I haven't perused much yet.

Mudkat I'm thinking of you here.

I can’t stand videos with no talking besides I was disappointed when he didn’t start the fire by rubbing two sticks together.

Comment

I just watched the 1999 version of The Mummy. This was a good slow down.

Comment

Huskee These guys are my heros! Almazon Kitchen rocks. They'd be speaking Serbian anyway DW so no harm no foul there. my SIL and I will do their fish on a stick recipe, complete with making the oil in a pan on the fire. We're doing this on an island during an overnight canoe trip on Susquehanna river this summer. It's why I bought the Carbon steel pan. Thanks for pointing this one out!

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll let the cat out of the bag a little... Eventually we're going to be introducing some recipes and tips on outdoor campfire cooking. Not anytime real soon, but eventually. We hope to become the world's leading authority on all outdoor cooking in one place, and smart folks will help us make that happen!...

• Nate
          Nate commented
          Editing a comment
          Huskee , Clint mentioned the camp fire cooking thing not long ago. Looking forward to that!

• Mudkat
          Mudkat commented
          Editing a comment
          Can't wait!

Originally posted by DWCowles View Post
        I can’t stand videos with no talking besides I was disappointed when he didn’t start the fire by rubbing two sticks together.
        Just for you

Comment

Wouldn't that chicken wash be a way of reintroducing Salmonella and Campylobacter back into the environment?

Hmmmm, the oil gland wasn't even removed off the tail. Two long hocks. I can only hope the cloaca and Bursa of Fabricius were removed.
          Last edited by Jerod Broussard; February 18, 2018, 07:22 PM.

Comment

• Mudkat
            Mudkat commented
            Editing a comment
            If you can live outdoors you can handle a little Salmonella. 😜 Just a bring few rolls of Charman with ya. No leaves!

• ribeyeguy
            ribeyeguy commented
            Editing a comment
            What the heck is a Bursa of Fabricius? Sounds like a Caribbean resort or something. Not to mention Cloaca, that sounds like a disease.

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            LOl ribeyeguy. My wife & I just got back from 3 nights at the Bursa of Fabricius. The view and the Asapao de pollo was to die for.

Very enjoyable.

Comment

That was awesome!

Comment

I notice cooking shows tend to skimp on the salt, like it costs the price of gold dust. That or I just like a lot of salt! Anyway I'd salt it more but everything else looks & sounds delicious.

Comment

• Nate
                Nate commented
                Editing a comment
                I’ve noticed that too. I love salt! I always wondered if it was a health thing why they did that with the bad press salt gets relating to blood pressure.

I LOVED this vid brother! I am such a sucker for the YouTuber algorithm I watched two more of his vids. Seen this somewhere before and want the knife for sure. Watch his sausage vid. You will die of starvation tonight.

Comment

• Histrix
                Histrix commented
                Editing a comment
                It is a cool knife but he is charging way too much for them ($500) IMHO. There is a company in Spain that makes an identical knife for a fraction of the cost and Almazan Kitchens is none too happy about that.

• lonnie mac
                lonnie mac commented
                Editing a comment
                Yep, I have kept up with this knife a bit. There are a few knock-off's, now he only sells them on his FB through message only if you want the original. Dang still want one!

• lonnie mac
                lonnie mac commented
                Editing a comment
                Ha ha, I did buy a 500 dollar cutting board last year! So I'm pretty gullible!
                Last edited by lonnie mac; February 19, 2018, 05:31 PM.

I've enjoyed all the Almazan Kitchen videos. Another one I like that is very visually appealing/relaxing and sans speaking is this Chinese woman's channel - here's her latest:

Comment

• Troutman
                Troutman commented
                Editing a comment
                That was stunning....centuries old preparation....art and food fusion

In another life I used to do a fair amount of river canoeing excursions and primitive camping. Doing this type of cooking reminds me of those days. Besides I thought the potato galette was a nice touch...

Comment

Thanks for the heads up Huskee . My family loves camping. Coming from my Ranger background, it's kinda what we do for fun. My wife likes it too! At 9 years old, my twins have about 70 nights in a tent under their belts. They love cooking over a real fire. Military SERE training didn't teach this kind of cooking, so I'll look forward to what comes down the pipe.

Comment

Pretty amazing. Love the simplistic fire meet food. Not sure I'd trust washing his cutting/serving board with creek water and leaves especially with raw chicken involved. I wonder what kind of wood he was using. Lots of editing as I never seen him once add wood. Pretty bad a$$ knife! Does he forge these himself? Depending on the materials he is using $500 may not be out of line. I just ordered a custom 3pc kitchen knife set and 4 steak knives set from a custom forger who posts on another non food related forum I frequent. Knives can get spendy quickly.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here