Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tired of Memphis Dust on your ribs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tired of Memphis Dust on your ribs?

Florian of Flo & Slow barbecue (YouTube channel) is a BIG FAN of AmazingRibs.com and makes almost all of his ribs with Memphis Dust. In this recent video he tries something new... and I gotta tell ya I haven't had them myself but they look AWESOME and I will be doing this recipe soon.

I wanted to showcase him here because this is an awesome example of how far and wide Meathead's message is getting out. Florian is from Germany! While you're watching, please give Florian a like and subscribe. His channel is young and can use the attention.
    Last edited by David Parrish; January 4, 2018, 02:36 PM.

Seems like a real good guy. Bet these taste great!

Comment

Added to my to do list next time I do ribs.

Comment

Dave, I watched the video, but I am profoundly deaf and this did not have captioning. Any chance you could write down the recipe for the rub and post it here?

Comment

Am I tired of Memphis Dust? Not really, no. But I have branched out recently. I'm cutting out alcohol in January like I always do, and this time I'm cutting out sugar too just for the hell of it. So I made ribs this week with a sugarless rub. It was good. Not as good as MD, and it wasn't as good on the ribs as it was on a pork shoulder that later got a NC BBQ sauce treatment.

Comment

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          I haven't tried any of them but there are definitely some recipes out there:

It is grilling season, so it’s time to whip up my secret weapon. I have been adapting and changing this recipe for so many years that I don’t remember what I originally started with. Al…

Seems like a lot of stevia in that one. I might make it and try less and add more as necessary.

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          Attjack good to know. I've got a Boston butt thawing in the fridge to smoke this weekend (hoping it will get above freezing at SOME point this week), and will make an NC sauce without the sugar. Basically I guess that makes it a vinegar-pepper sauce! I'll see if Stevia is approved on this crazy diet the females have me on.

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          Attjack the only thing I know for sure is on the "banned" list on the crazy diet is alcohol. Having 5 kegs on tap in the garage right now, I am not sure I can give that up for 30 days, totally.

Thanks David Parrish liked the video and sub'ed his channel!!

Comment

Thanks edible hen - that helped a lot.

Comment

Thanks Mr. Dave! I will try it.

Comment

David Parrish you know will probably get a shot from Meathead about the title of your post, but that recipe does look good.

Comment

Originally posted by Attjack View Post
              Am I tired of Memphis Dust? Not really, no. But I have branched out recently. I'm cutting out alcohol in January like I always do, and this time I'm cutting out sugar too just for the hell of it. So I made ribs this week with a sugarless rub. It was good. Not as good as MD, and it wasn't as good on the ribs as it was on a pork shoulder that later got a NC BBQ sauce treatment.
              jfmorris A buddy and his wife went on that diet. He wanted to do it to lost weight and he did.

I also have a massive supply of alcohol on hands at all times. I'm a big drinker, but try to be a medium drinker. However I usually look forward to the month of abstinence. I also have a lot of friends and family who do the same. Clears my head sets me straight for the year.

In 2 hours I'm meeting one of my regular drinking buddies at the bar. He texted and asked how my month is going so far. I told him fine and I jokingly asked how his was going. He told me he may have abstained for one day. I told him I thought he may have not. He told me I knew him well.

Let me know how you like the NC sauce.

Comment

• jfmorris
                jfmorris commented
                Editing a comment
                I’ve made the NC sauce before, just always had the sugar too. The one I’ve made come from The BBQ Bible, but I am sure there’s a recipe in here I need to try.

I brew beer, and have 4 different beers and a cider on tap st the moment, and will probably break that part of the Whole 30. But as long as I can have my bbq, I’m good, and won’t complain about all the fruits and veggies.

• Attjack
                Attjack commented
                Editing a comment
                I also have been using his recipe. My sister (who raises pork) first turned me onto that style of sauce. I immediately loved it.

I've done some brewing myself, and in more recent years mostly cider. Although it's now been a while. I should get some juice and get back to it. What do you have on tap?

Thanks for the idea!

Comment

Man these did look good! Subbed!

Comment

look great! we mix it up sometimes (I have a rub I call Texas red dirt rub i use, but it is based on MMD) and do the 'Vous style ribs, or a maple candy rib. Did a dirty dalmation rub rib once and it turned out great too! so versatile!

Comment

I don’t use Memphis whatever anyway, I’m a Texan

Comment

I really like the Memphis Dust and have used that previously to cook my ribs. Did a little cook off today for my guests between the Cayenne Maple ribs and Memphis dust ribs. The guests loved both but Cayenne maple ribs was the one they preferred.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here