Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barbecue on Netflix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barbecue on Netflix

Maybe something to watch on your Tablet while tending the fire? I came across a Title on Netflix called Simply "Barbecue" figured it was some scripted program but interest got the better of me and I started to watch it. (to be honest I've only watched 25 min of the 1:40 min program) Its little segments of what Barbecue is in different parts of the world. Of course what they are talking about you and I would call grilling hot and fast, Dont know if they come to America and differentiate between low and slow and hot and fast? Haven't gotten that far. But what they have shown has been very interesting (especially some Charcoal from Japan called Binchotan that I may look into seeing if I can get some imported? ) so if you got some time to kill and you get Netflix cheek it out

Ok just finished watching the whole movie. Wow if you have the time (and don't mind reading! A lot of it has sub titles) Go watch it. how differently people across this wonderful world cook meat. I found the Mongolians Method of using hot rocks to cook marmot and goat from the inside out interesting.Shish kabobs were popular in Armenia. Just go check it out.

Comment

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      I will check it out. Thank you.

Will do, thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Always neat to learn something about other cultures.

Comment

Yes, the binchotan trend has caught on in Sweden, now Japanese (table) grilling is super trendy. The Binchotan is an oak wood. Crazy expensive.

Either way, the show varies in quality/research. They found some real pros showing off great American bbq, but then they dig up some Tom, Dick & Harry from Sweden who can't tell which end of a pair of grill tongs to use. A bit strange (to me), but either way, a fun watch.

Comment

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup. Hot dogs on disposable grills. Surely they must be joking.

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          I saw that segment on hot dogs on disposable paper grills after a long winter and laughed my butt off. Thought about you rolling your eyes over there lmao !!!!

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, that was just embarrassing. Jeez.

I do want to see that show too. I found the charcoal here for $16/0.25lb.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Very Cool, indeed!
          Thanks, RonB !

• GadjetGriller
          GadjetGriller commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow that is a bit to high for my budget right now lol have to see if it comes to America and the price evens out?? Thanks for finding that!

• Johnny Big Time
          Johnny Big Time commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow!! $64 a pound for charcoal?? The company gonna fly someone over to do the cooking too at that price? lol

Yeah that was a good watch
        I see they got our Hangi on there was good to see lol the hot rocks in the hole & Bury the food, Aotearoa styles 🤙

......I’m from New Zealand ✌️
        Last edited by dt25dt; March 28, 2019, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• Ahumadora
          Ahumadora commented
          Editing a comment
          You may want to add that you are from NZ, so everyone knows what you a talking about.

A local restaurant makes this charcoal.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here