Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My book is now available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My book is now available

Hi all,

I received a shipment of books today from the printer's. I have written a bbq cook book. It is an incredible feeling, holding your very own book in your hands. As everyone who has ever written a book knows it is a lot of work.

In this case it is a DIY project gone extreme. I started by writing an advanced camera app for my mobile phone, with photoshop style image processing filters for blending, masking et.c. The reason for that was to simplify the workflow by not having to do any post-processing on a computer, at all. If the photo was good, it went into the book. I then created the recipes, cooked the food and photographed everything with the mobile phone. I then figured out Adobe Indesign and did the layout and illustrations. I really really wish I knew a good photographer, illustrator et.c. to help me, but I didn't, and I was adamant about finishing, so there was no other way than simply 'go to work'.

Here are some photos. I did celebrate by going to a nice Italian restaurant this evening with my wife. It was really nice (as always) when someone else cooks for you.

The cover

Click image for larger version  Name:	book-1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.75 MB ID:	320400

Table of Contents

Click image for larger version  Name:	book-2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.50 MB ID:	320398

Click image for larger version  Name:	book-3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.74 MB ID:	320402

Click image for larger version  Name:	book-4.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.65 MB ID:	320399

Click image for larger version  Name:	book-5.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.64 MB ID:	320401

More photos in next post...

Here are the next 5 photos.

Click image for larger version

Name:	book-6.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	366.0 KB
ID:	320405

Name:	book-7.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	354.3 KB
ID:	320407

Name:	book-8.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	323.3 KB
ID:	320406

Name:	book-9.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	393.2 KB
ID:	320404

Name:	book-10.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	318.2 KB
ID:	320408

Comment

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      The book design is really nice!

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you EdF!

Wow! That's a beautiful book. I'd like one just for the photos. Very nice work. I can't read it but I'll buy one...what's the cost of shipping to Northern Illinois?

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you very much! I am actually translating it right now, so hold on, I'll get you a copy you can actually read.

• kmhfive
      kmhfive commented
      Editing a comment
      I will wait …but I don't want to!

Very impressive! Congratulations!!

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you very much!

Beautiful! Congratulations, Henrik!

Comment

very nice

Comment

As someone who has done a lot of photography in the past, your photos really look quite nice Henrik! You should be proud - great accomplishment!

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you j_keegan! That means a lot, coming from someone who knows photography.

Looks great!

I don't speak Swedish but I would love to buy a copy to help propel you to the bestseller list!

Do you plan on offering them for sale via your website or perhaps one of the European Amazon sites?

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you! It is now available in my webshop, but I currently only ship within Sweden. Will get in touch with Amazon for the English version.

• Histrix
        Histrix commented
        Editing a comment
        Great, keep us informed when the English version is available on Amazon. Are you planning on selling via US Amazon or one of the European? I order books from UK Amazon all the time so no problems with that.

• OmegaDog12
        OmegaDog12 commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here. When it comes out in English, reserve me a copy!
        The OmegaDog

Awesome Henrik! Too bad I don't read Swedish. :-(

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you!

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        When you get an English version available .... I'd love to know about it Henrik

Very cool! Congrats!

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Jetski!

Congrats!

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks!

Henrik Very cool. When are you going to publish one in English??

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! Soon I hope, I'm translating it now.

English Version? I have $$ and am ready to spend it to support an AR brother.

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, very kind! I need to get that translation ready soon.

Wow that looks great! Where can we get it? I can't understand it, but my wife is a Linguist so hopefully she can figure it out

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you! It's currently only available in Sweden, but hold on, it's coming in English too.

That looks just Great, Henrik!
      Congratulations on reachin' fruition on such a long an' involved project!!!
      Another here interested in price/availability here in th' States...
      Course, it'd have to be an autographed copy!!!!

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Mr. Bones , of course I'll sign one for you.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here