Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicken Thighs - Simple Easy and hotter than you'd expect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicken Thighs - Simple Easy and hotter than you'd expect

Just posted this chicken thigh video to YouTube. Y'all might flame me a bit for the temps we cooked at, but trust me, it works.

I didn't mention it in the video but the "sweet rub" we used was Memphis Dust. Half the paprika replaced with chili powder. That's my riff.

Hey, Dave ... getting an error when trying to play the video ... unless I open the YouTube link in a new tab at which point it works fine. Don't worry about getting flamed for your temperature choice ... it sounds just right. Do, however, worry if you ever succumb to the temptation to cook chicken at low and slow temps (225 comes to mind ).

FWIW, I'm using Chrome on Win 10.

Here's what I'm seeing:

Click image for larger version

Name:	error.jpg
Views:	520
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	304926

Comment

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm on an iPad and I'm getting the same exact message.

Same here on desktop, Firefox Win10.

Comment

Here's the link. Not sure why playback isn't working:

Comment

Nice video!

Comment

Thanks David Parrish I will definitely give this a try

Comment

Great video.

Comment

You two guys are the dynamic duo, David Parrish and bbqFanatic . Tasty looking chicken thighs. Makes me want to buy a Slow n Sear for my WSCGC.

Kathryn

Comment

Originally posted by fzxdoc View Post
                You two guys are the dynamic duo, David Parrish and bbqFanatic . Tasty looking chicken thighs. Makes me want to buy a Slow n Sear for my WSCGC.

Kathryn
                Thanks! We have an SnS kit in the works for the WSCG. Be sure you're signed up for our newsletter and we'll notify you very soon on all the details

Comment

• fzxdoc
                  fzxdoc commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Seriously? I was kidding when I made the comment. You're always on the leading edge, @ABCBBQ Dave.

K.

A very informative video Dave.

Comment

Nice video Dave... I've been cooking skin on chicken at 400° for a long time.

Comment

This is great. My last chicken thigh cook was last Fri, (Meathead's Crispy Cornell) I cooked them about 380 +/- and decided I liked that temp much better. Also made a whole chicken on the PBC 2 days ago and ran it about the same, 380-410. Good call on temps David Parrish.

Comment

I run my rotisserie basket full of chicken thighs at around 375°F--400°F routinely and it turns out spectacular chicken. Ditto for whole chickens. I think your choice of temp is spot on.

Comment

David ParrishBaby Back Maniac Nice work guys! Another great video. That chicken was looking great. I love that cold grate method.

Comment

So how did you like the version with Meathead's Memphis Dust?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here