Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cooking a pig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooking a pig

These pits start at $299 and go to $1299. I could see a do it yourself for less. La Caga China Roasters

Called a Cajun microwave down here

Comment

We've cooked a many a pig on a open pit back when we were younger, every year for Christmas. We did it the old-fashioned way and it was a lot of work it was fun though, there was plenty to eat plenty to drink. We'd have an old-fashioned stew cooking on the side an old-timey cast iron wash pot with gallons of water, sacks of potato, carrots and onions then we throw in the meat, which would be raccoon, rabbit and squirrel Cook that low and slow for a few hours it was fine yeah the good memories.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Mmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!! Down Home!!!

Buddy of mine makes one in a Caja China every 4th of July. It's pretty awesome.

Comment

Man those are cool cookers. I would like to add one someday. There are still a few ahead of this bad boy.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here