Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fun old cook book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fun old cook book

Pre internet BBQ information.

I was re arranging some book shelves and found this. I remember buying this book at a library sale sometime in the mid 80's. Evidently for .40. It is still a fun read and even some decent recipes. It was printed in 1966. Copyright was 1965.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3253.JPG Views:	1 Size:	254.2 KB ID:	294986Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3254.JPG Views:	1 Size:	194.4 KB ID:	294984Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3255.JPG Views:	1 Size:	158.6 KB ID:	294985

Cool old book, my dad's Q was the flat round 1 with 3 wheels, the grate was threaded into the bottom. If you wanted to change grill height, you either spun the grill like a nut on a bolt.
    Last edited by Locotech; March 27, 2017, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Yeah, they've got it down. They're baking spuds, roasting tomatoes (pun intended), grilling steak in one fell swoop, and, all outdoors.

Comment

I'm intrigued. Does the book offer any more info on this one?:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-03-27 at 12.07.36 PM.png
Views:	108
Size:	234.5 KB
ID:	295078

Comment

• troymeister
          troymeister commented
          Editing a comment
          No info on that type of grill. Googled many types go grills, haven't seen one like that yet. Very curious though.

That's pretty cool .... I'd love to find something like that just to have around the house for fun. Better yet, put it out on the counter when I have people coming for Saturday BBQ party ... People would get a kick out of it, I'm sure.

Comment

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          You probably be able to store luggage in it.

Scan a bunch of the recipes, and let's see which ones are horribly wrong and which ones stand the test of time. Who knows, maybe we'll find a great dish of roast meat in there!

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Weber 1.JPG Views:	1 Size:	4.58 MB ID:	295131Click image for larger version  Name:	Weber 2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.82 MB ID:	295132Click image for larger version  Name:	Weber 3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.11 MB ID:	295133Click image for larger version  Name:	Weber 4.jpg Views:	1 Size:	984.4 KB ID:	295134Click image for larger version  Name:	Weber 5.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.04 MB ID:	295135Click image for larger version  Name:	Weber 6.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.08 MB ID:	295136

I imagine this belonged to my dad or grandfather. The copyright is 1979. It has a bit of everything - bread, wine, cold weather cooking. No rubs, just marinades. Most everything, even the ribs, are seared first and then cooked indirectly. Ribs - 1.5 - 2 hours.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here