Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lamb Lollipops video using Meathead's recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lamb Lollipops video using Meathead's recipe

Just published!

We used Meathead's recipe found here: http://amazingribs.com/recipes/lamb/...lollipops.html

This is really, really good. If you haven't tried it, you need to.

FWIW I prefer the dried rosemary for this recipe but go with what makes you happy.

Those look wonderful!

Comment

Amazing you could tell the temp just by looking at the smoke.

Comment

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      lol, ain't it!?

Here we Go!!!! Thanks for posting Dave. This is a great recipe. I made these for Hors d'oeuvres for Thanksgiving, last year. They were a huge hit. I slow cooked them in the KBQ and then finished them on the firebox, over the live fire. MMMMMMMMMmmmmm.....good.

Great idea to work with Justin. Seems like a good dude. He makes some really entertaining stuff.

Comment

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah thanks John. I agree Justin and I make a great team, and these videos get easier every time we do them.

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      A great team, indeed. David Parrish

Very nice!! I have been reading and re-reading the lamb recipes lately, as I've never done them but have had request. Reads to be fairly simple, and your video confirms it. Not a Kettle or S' n S' owner, but the basic techniques should transfer to the HB well.

Comment

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I've done this on the HB myself. Works great! You can simulate the cold grate technique by taking your charcoal all the way down to the smoke setting while you're getting the chops ready for the sear.

• TheCountofQ
      TheCountofQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep. Would probably start on smoke setting, with the deflector in place. Then remove the deflector and raise the box as high as it would go for the sear. No water in your SnS above??

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      Correct. No water.

If I could find a rack for under $80 online I'd be in business. I'll even French them myself.

Comment

• TheCountofQ
      TheCountofQ commented
      Editing a comment
      They were, I believe, 8.99/lb. last weekend at WF.

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah sounds about right. There's fat and bone to consider, probably 1/3 to 1/2 the total weight, so keep that in mind when figuring out portion sizes. The wife and I eat pretty well on one rack, but it's not as filling as our typical steak nights (unless we buy two racks then it's MORE than plenty).

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      I need to open my own Costco out here.

Great video, and beautiful lamb lollipops!

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder77 View Post
      Great video, and beautiful lamb lollipops!
      Thanks! They came out perfect. We were pretty stoked.

Comment

• Thunder77
        Thunder77 commented
        Editing a comment
        I love watching those videos. I still learn something new, or have something reinforced, every time! If you need a volunteer taste tester, I'm your man!

We love lamb. That will be our next lamb meal. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by HawkerXP View Post
        We love lamb. That will be our next lamb meal. Thanks!
        You bet!

Comment

Great video! As always, thanks for posting it Dave. Cheers!!!

Comment

I don't want to rock the boat but the traditional recipe in or family is about the same but includes about a tablespoon of fresh mint.

Comment

You're cold grate technique is the truth. Lamb has always been my favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty View Post
                I don't want to rock the boat but the traditional recipe in or family is about the same but includes about a tablespoon of fresh mint.
                If you like mint go for it. Just not my thing...

Comment

Man, those chops were BATHED in fire. I would never have done that, but I guess it worked fine. Especially with the cold grate. That's good to know.

It seems when I sear, I always put the food over its desired internal temperature. Even after being wreathed in flame, the internal temp of those chops was still low. Amazing. I still have a lot to learn.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here