Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reverse Seared Ribeye Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lowjiber View Post
    I am totally impressed, both with the video and the well-explained process.

My two take-aways were...
    • The sear adds about 20o to the internal temperature of the steaks. I've been getting mine too high and had to short myself on the sear time to keep within the medium rare, internal temps.
    • Turning the grate to present a cold side at the flip is a great tip. I always end up with heavier grill marks than an even sear.

Thanks much for the outstanding video. That ought to be a sticky somewhere, for sure.
    Thank you! The 20 degrees is a rule of thumb and varies greatly depending on the thickness. Make sure to watch your temps as you sear so you don't overshoot your desired temp.

Comment

Originally posted by airforcekixbutt View Post
      Not sure if I missed it but did you let the steaks come up to room temp before putting them on the grill or did you put them on right out of the refrigerator. Nice video!
      Thank you! We went from fridge to grill.

Comment

Great Video! Is this a "Sticky" Somewhere? If not I'd like to suggest it under "Beef Recipes". Also, what oil are you using to coat the steaks? Peanut? Veggie? Canola? WD40?

Comment

Beef love (rendered beef fat) is what I use, Mudkat . WD40 made the steaks so slippery they slid right off the grill. Just kidding.

Kathryn

Comment

☺ Thanks Kathryn. fzxdoc I reverse seared two ribeye's last night. I coated them with Canola oil. They were fantastic even though my Weber kettle burned hot all the way through the cook. Can't imagine how great they'll be
            once I get everything dialed in!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here