Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meathead's Book makes the Top 25 cookbooks ALL-TIME in a Twitter poll!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meathead's Book makes the Top 25 cookbooks ALL-TIME in a Twitter poll!

I just saw this on the Twitter machine!! Congrats to Meathead on his books continued success!!!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1885.PNG
Views:	135
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	277211

Congratulations Meathead! Glad to have my copy and glad to be a member of The Pit!

Comment

Well deserved! Ditto on what Skip said.

Comment

Meathead, Congratulations that is Quite an Achievements! I still have Mine in the Original Amazon Package (Never Opened) I ordered it when it was First Listed! One of these Days We'll Run Into Each Other, I will get You to Sign it For Me! Then I'll get a Hold of Spinaker and Sell it to Him for a Fantastic PROFIT! I'll put the Proceeds in My Funeral Fund!
        That's My Plan and I'm Stick'n To It! Congratulations Again! 👍👍😇👍👍
        Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• Danjohnston949
          Danjohnston949 commented
          Editing a comment
          Spin, Thanks for Posting This! OBTW I Don't do A--Book or Twitter! Near as I can figure I haven't Missed Anything?
          🙉🙈🙊🙈🙉. 😚🤔🤗🤔😚
          From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hahahaha. Get a second book so you can still have one after making your profit off of Spinaker.

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Hahahahaha. You guys are unreal. Danjohnston949 tbob4

It's a proven fact that there are plenty of people seeking the right way to do things, even though sometimes it seems so many are against good information and refuse facts!

Comment

• Willy
          Willy commented
          Editing a comment
          My version--there are two kinds of people in the world; those who want to be well-informed and correct and those who disagree with me.

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Willy Lol, love it!

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Right On, Willy !!! Lovin' it!!!

Congrats Meathead - well deserved!

Comment

Besides a wealth of information, seasoned with a little humor, the writing and photography in your cookbook greatly exceed expectations. I found the book not only informative, but inspirational. I purchased it just a couple of weeks ago and, besides enjoying it and learning from it myself, have already given it as a gift. Top twenty-five, let's talk about top ten!

Comment

Meathead I haven been saying, since I first cracked your cookbook open, that it is to BBQ in the backyard as Julia Child's "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" was to French cuisine in the middle class American kitchen. I think that mastering brisket with the support of your book is akin to my wife mastering Beef Bourguignon with Julia's book.

I'm sure you will display the humility I love about you .... but this is absolutely true in my mind. There are tons of BBQ cookbooks out there. But you only one that teaches the process and technique. I could no more be a great chef without understanding process and technique than I can be a great pitmaster without the same. And Amazing Ribs and your cookbook do that.

this outcome and ranking of your cookbook is a well deserved recognition of the great impact that you have had on the art of backyard BBQ!

Comment

Congrats. It's a recognition of a major accomplishment. Twitter poll, though. A bit of recency bias. 8 of the 23 that have actual publish dates are from the 2010-present period.

if anyone is interested in the list:

But nonetheless, Meathead the Book is an incredible book that has already improved a lot of cooks out there. Gave two away for annual gift holiday.
              Last edited by Potkettleblack; February 19, 2017, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Recency bias or not. That's one more book than I'll ever have on this list or any list. I just thought it was a cool to see that his book made it. Potkettleblack

Comment

• Potkettleblack
                  Potkettleblack commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If what I typed was in any way less than fully congratulatory, I am sorry.

• Spinaker
                  Spinaker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No, No need to be sorry! I was just saying, there was no way in hell I could ever write anything that would come close to that! No worries man. Potkettleblack

Well deserved recognition, Congrats, Meathead !!!

Comment

Way to go Meathead!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here