Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked Chuck Roast video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked Chuck Roast video

Smoked Chuck Roast has not gotten the press it deserves. If you've never made it, you need to. Here's a video!

Excellent!!!

Comment

Great method. Great presentation!

Comment

I had never heard about chuckies until learning about it on this site and have done numerous ones since. Definitely not main street or commonly known BBQ , but should be so.
        Great video.

Comment

Smoking a chuckie this weekend.....only in my Kamado Joe. Thanks for posting pitboss

Comment

Originally posted by W.A. View Post
            Smoking a chuckie this weekend.....only in my Kamado Joe. Thanks for posting pitboss
            You bet! Same principle on the KJ. We have all the info in the video to execute the recipe on pretty much any cooker, we just don't teach you how to use the other cookers.

Comment

• ecowper
              ecowper commented
              Editing a comment
              I cannot imagine why you wouldn't teach us how to use a Hasty-Bake

• David Parrish
              David Parrish commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm sure you known much more than I do Sir

If I wasn't hungry before...Great video, never done a chuck before but looking forward to it. The more I see of the S&S the more I am thinking about getting a new weber so I can buy one.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh, ya' jus' gotta do th' chuckie!!!

• Steve B
              Steve B commented
              Editing a comment
              And the new kettle and SnS and probably some more cool stuff.

• Thunder77
              Thunder77 commented
              Editing a comment
              Look on Craigslist. You can usually find good deals on used kettles.

Great video! I have done a couple of chuckies, and much preferred them to pulled pork. However, I am not 100 % in agreement that chopped is better.
            If you make this, you MUST try it with Meathead's rich red wine sauce. Your life will never be the same!

Comment

• DWCowles
              DWCowles commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree with you 100% on the pulled part

• Steve B
              Steve B commented
              Editing a comment
              I haven't tried chopping a chuckie but will try next time I do a couple. Think I'll do 2 , pull 1 and chop 1. I'm curious as to how they compare. Taste and texture wise.
              OK I'm hungry now. Have to go.

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm with you 100% as well. Better than pulled pork, and I prefer pulled to chopped. Simple preference. The only thing about Mh's Rich Red Wine Sauce I could complain about is the next day the rosemary flavor seemed more prominent to me, and I'm not a big rosemary fan.

The versatility of smoked chuck only ends with what you can imagine. Chuck n Cheese! Great video!

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
              fuzzydaddy commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree. I recently added a few candied jalapeños to my chuck and cheese. Wow!

The most underrated cut of beef ever. Hopefully the word doesn't get out and prices stay reasonable.

Comment

• Thunder77
              Thunder77 commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm going out today to stock up. My local Giant has choice chuck for $2.99/lb!! I also noticed that around my area at least, pork butt prices have shot up recently. I have seen it for $2.50/lb, which I think is ridiculous.

• Steve R.
              Steve R. commented
              Editing a comment
              Kroger is my usual place for groceries. The steaks, butts and ribs are mediocre, but the chuckies are on point. I just keep an eye on the sell by dates and they always get down to $3/lb or so with about a week to go.

• Jeff_Carley
              Jeff_Carley commented
              Editing a comment
              picked up a 5 lb-er for $4.50...full price. Rapid City, SD.

An enjoyable video.

Comment

Great cook and video! I was glad to see Adrenaline BBQ add him to its staff. I've been watching him for a long time and he's excellent... naturally.

Comment

I saw water in the reservoir then he added water to a seemingly empty reservoir. Someone needs to go fool Penn and Teller.

Grate Vid!

Comment

That was really informative. Briskets are great, but let's face it: 12+ hour cooks are a pain in the shoulder. Chuckies get you there in half the time, and the flavor is as good as anything on the cow.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                    Jerod Broussard commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Not to mention the increased yield because you didn't have to cut half of the weight off in fat.

• David Parrish
                    David Parrish commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Agree!

• Craigar
                    Craigar commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Bingo!

Great video. Thx for sharing, David Parrish

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here