Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Kamado Smoker and Grill Book by Chris Grove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The book is Kamado cooker specific so if you don't have a Kamado cooker you will have to think about work arounds to use the recipes and techniques. Here is what I like about the book. The book covers just about ever kind of cooking set up in a Kamado that you could think of. There are fifty-two in all. While there is an occasional repeat of method like three different reversed seared foods, by and large there is one technique with with a recipe and lots of encouragement for you to use variation and develops your own recipe. While there are traditional cooks like "Smoking, Low and Slow" and "Smoking, Hot and Fast" there are some unusual cooks like "Sous-Vide," "Cooking with Stoneware," "Cold Smoking," "Single-Serve Dishes" and a really helpful one called "Coordinating Cooks." I bought the Kindle version to save a few bucks and to have with me as a resource when cooking at our daughter's home. The book is my go to when exploring new methods when cooking on my Big Green Egg.

Thanks. Sounds good!

Comment

I've also enjoyed Chris' book. Over Christmas I tried three of his recipes from the book. They all turned out great!

Flat Iron Steak with Green Chile Salsa

Click image for larger version

Name:	APC_0028.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	350.7 KB
ID:	273987

30-20-10 Wings

Name:	APC_0034.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	433.5 KB
ID:	273988

Cherry Cheese Danish Cobbler

Name:	APC_0011.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	279.2 KB
ID:	273989

Comment

• LA Pork Butt
        LA Pork Butt commented
        Editing a comment
        I like the fact that you could almost use the book as a cooking course. You cooks look great!

I think after today i should get this

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here