Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DivaQ's recipe book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DivaQ's recipe book

I read Chris Grove's "Nibble Me This" blog (Chris did the Kamado video with Meathead). He recently gave a good review to Diva Q’s Barbecue: 195 Recipes for Cooking With Family, Friends, and Fire (click, this is through the AR link). Since I needed something to read for a few hours, I clicked and downloaded it.

I don't know who DivaQ (Danielle Bennett) is, I've never seen the shows, I don't follow competitive bbq, I never heard of her, so I have no bias. And, I love this cookbook. It falls right in the middle of the range for skill sets, showing how to make some things the simple way and with suggestions for making them the complex (and more interesting) way. There are ingredient suggestions if you can't find things like piri-piri peppers (for example). In the Kindle edition there are links provided for videos if you want to see exactly how something is done.

The recipes themselves look excellent, although I haven't tried any of them yet. (No place to cook!) The sauce recipes and rub recipes are similar to Meathead's, and it will be fun to explore the variations. There are recipes for smoked everything and anything, from salt to cheese to meat to fish. There is a recipe for something called Green Herbed Salt (pulse kosher salt with pepper, green onions, fresh [rosemary, thyme, and oregano], then let dry, break up clumps, and store) that looks fantastic. There is a recipe for Montreal Seasoning so that you can have your own, customized to your own taste.

This is good stuff. I recommend it. Remember to use the AR link to buy; I used it to create the link above, but choose the tinyurl on the right under "How to keep this site free" to be sure.
    Last edited by Mosca; May 4, 2016, 08:58 AM.

Mosca - and your excellent review has convinced me to buy yet another BBQ book! Thanks!

Comment

Thanks Mosca ...

Sounds like something I should check out.

Comment

She's a character. She is from Ontario, Canada. Her BBQ team is named DIVAQ. She was on BBQ pit masters for a while too. I used to follow her on Instagram until she signed up with Treager and now her account just became one long advertisement. I see her pushing their products online and on TV quite a bit.

To be honest, why do we need cookbooks, when we have the Pit and the rest of AR?

Comment

• Mosca
          Mosca commented
          Editing a comment
          Different strokes, I guess. There are lots of great ideas not just here, but many places, all over the 'net. Recent cookbooks and recipe books are more engaging. If you like cookbooks this is a fun one, if you don't you are probably justified in walking past it!

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          I hear ya, I did enjoy thumbing through Aaron's book. It was gift. But your right, everybody likes something different. Mosca

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here