Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The Bear" on Hulu - A Chicago Italian Beef Sandwich Shop TV Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The Bear" on Hulu - A Chicago Italian Beef Sandwich Shop TV Show

One of the hottest new TV shows is FX's "The Bear", available on Hulu. It is about a Chicago Italian Beef restaurant.

Meathead has a great recipe for it, a way to cook it on your grill, the untold history, and reviews of the best places to get one in Chicago. View his recipe here: https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...ndwich-recipe/

Cool! Thanks!

Comment

Awesome show! Thanks for sharing this link. I may need to make some soon...

Comment

I’ve made those "sandwiches" a few times, they’re great.

I put the word "sandwiches" in quotes, because, as best I can figure it, if you do it right it’s only a sandwich from the time it’s assembled until when you try to eat it. Then it becomes a pile of meat and vegetables and bread that you eat with your fingers.

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Not something to eat while driving, no sir.

Ok, so I just ate there Monday. Meh!

Comment

Interesting. I was never a huge beef guy until my wife took me to Johnny’s Beef (#3 on Meathead’s list) when we were dating and we’d go frequently. Now I love it. I might have to try making one myself. Never eaten at the original Al’s but have been to many of the other locations. And I love Portillo’s Italian beef.

Comment

• SheilaAnn
            SheilaAnn commented
            Editing a comment
            We also love ‘tillo’s (my nickname for Portillo’s). But at Mr. Beef, the hot dog was not Vienna. The bun was dry, not steamy and soft. The beef sandwich was dry. The giardinera was pretty good. The fries were super greasy as if the oil was not hot enough. I swear we almost walked into ‘tillo’s on the way back to the hotel just to fill the flavor void, as it were. Al’s was closed with paper over the window. We didn’t have the time to get to the south side to visit the other Al’s.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here