Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another cooking show.. Guy's Ranch Kitchen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jfrosty27
    commented on 's reply
    No subscription needed here. Free on my cable subscription. Did I say free? πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜³

• radshop
    replied
    Looks like it requires a Discovery subscription to watch. Are there other options anybody knows of? I'd like to watch but not really looking to sign up for another streaming service. I guess if I have to though, I might just subscribe, binge watch this series and then cancel.

Leave a comment:

• Jfrosty27
    replied
    Yes this is a good one. Wifey and me watch it whenever we can. Which is anytime it’s on to be honest. πŸ˜‚

Leave a comment:

• rickgregory
    commented on 's reply
    There's a lot of good stuff on this series - he really does invite some amazing chefs... Waxman, Voltaggio, Lofaso and more. Also, if you're like me you just want to have a huge kitchen and some famous chef friends over to cook up a storm.
    Last edited by rickgregory; May 4, 2022, 12:15 PM.

• WillTravelForFood
    replied
    Missed this post originally. But caught the first 3 mins of an episode that we TOTALLY want to watch, with Jonathan Waxman and others cooking some dishes we'd love to try. Firing up the Discovery App later to catch it.

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    I know what I'm watching tonight. Thanks!

K.

• rickgregory
    replied
    Originally posted by fzxdoc View Post
    So he's done 5 seasons already? That's a lot of binge-watching to do!

Kathryn
    It is! The way I watch it is to find a theme I'm interested in. Most of them are interesting but some are closer to what I might want to do. And the themes vary - a few are things like holiday meals but the new episode was 'layered food' which saw people make layered pasta dishes, wagyu kimchi scallion pancakes and a layered drink called The Dubliner.

Some chefs also do things that I want to learn about too (Voltaggio and his simulacrums of 'dirt' for vegetable dishes, Lofaso for most everything).

The thing to remember is that they're not doing a menu, they're all riffing on a theme so some dishes in a show might wow you, others might be eh. Almost all, though, are things you could do at home - they don't rely on really exotic ingredients or have 53 steps that need 5 days to complete.

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    replied
    So he's done 5 seasons already? That's a lot of binge-watching to do!

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    replied
    When I was a kid in small town Northern California I remember Guy with his hot dog stand.

Leave a comment:

• rickgregory
    started a topic Another cooking show.. Guy's Ranch Kitchen

Another cooking show.. Guy's Ranch Kitchen

In the same vein as The Chef Show I posted about here, I'd encourage you all to check out Guy Fieri's "Guy's Ranch Kitchen". While Fieri has a ton of stuff on Food Network that appeals to a lot of different sensibilities, GRK is a wellspring of ideas.

The format is Guy coming up with a theme, e.g. small plates or picnic food or whatever and then several very good chefs coming up with dishes loosely riffing on that format. The chefs are mostly very very good (Traci des Jardin, Jonathan Waxman, Antonia Lofaso etc) and because there are several different chefs, you get to see varying interpretations of the theme.

The nice thing is that the recipes are all on the Food Network site, so if you want to try a dish, you can.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here