Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steven Raichlen's Project Fire Season 4 In Production

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steven Raichlen's Project Fire Season 4 In Production

I'm a huge Steven Raichlen fan and I was delighted to discover that they are filming Season 4 of Project Fire in St. Louis right now. (Production probably wraps this week....the tend to film for 14 days.)

I didn't think there would be a Season Four as Project Smoke went for three seasons so I thought Project Fire would also end its run after three.

Two notable things stand out from some of the production information on Facebook and Instagram. First, this is the first time Project Smoke/Fire has been filmed directly in a city. They are actually filming it just outside the St. Louis Aquarium. (All previous seasons have been filmed at resorts/golf courses.) It will be interesting to see how that affects the look and feel of the show.

Secondly, it is becoming clear that many -- perhaps all -- episodes will have a guest host, often showing off a certain culinary style. I'm sure St. Louis will be heavily featured. This is something Steven has clearly been interested in doing for awhile. They tried it during Season 2 by going on location a few times.

(And in one TV interview I found, Steven highly suggests that the mystery box segment will be back this season.)

If the production schedule is anything like the previous seasons, we should see the Season Four episodes air on PBS and Maryland Public Television's website in mid-April or May of 2022.

He has been sharing a TON of previews on his Instagram feed and it looks absolutely awesome. Even if you don't do social media, it's worth making an account and just following people like him. There's no rule that says you have to post/share/like/dislike anything, just watch their stuff and tune out everything you're not interested in!

Comment

It’ll be great pickin up his show. Raichlen is cool. It was him & Mixon who led me to Meathead & Amazing Wibs.

Comment

He is a great recipe developer. Is there any place to catch up on past episodes?

Comment

• efincoop
          efincoop commented
          Editing a comment
          PBS has them on-demand, but you need to have their PBS Passport.

Originally posted by Attjack View Post
        He is a great recipe developer. Is there any place to catch up on past episodes?
        Absolutely!

Steven Raichlen explains traditional and cutting-edge smoking techniques.

New techniques in live fire cooking that elevate the backyard barbecue experience.

Each show has three seasons, with thirteen episodes per season. (Actually, twelve; episode 13 is always a recap of previous episodes.)

For some reason the PBS site defaults to season three, so use the drop down menu to choose seasons one and two.

Comment

• Sid P
          Sid P commented
          Editing a comment
          Our PBS station runs reruns on Saturday morning.

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the reference point Michael. I wonder if he has these on YouTube? I'll see if I can find them there too.

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          I just checked, if you have Amazon Prime or HULU they do have all the Project Smoke episodes via YouTube. I've seen several of them already, if you enter Project Smoke in the search box on YouTube you'll find them there as well.

Do you have to be a paid subscriber to stream the past episodes on TV (I use Roku)? Many PBS series are behind the paywall.

Kathryn

Comment

• Donw
          Donw commented
          Editing a comment
          Try going to the PBS site directly, not through the app. The app is a subscription service but the direct site should allow you to view them. If that fails consider a $60 or more donation to your local PBS station which allows you access to PBS Passport which also allows viewing of past seasons.

I tried the direct PBS site and found all seasons, but we also have Passport so it may just have recognized me from a cookie.

• Michael_in_TX
          Michael_in_TX commented
          Editing a comment
          I've been watching these on PBS's since 2018 and they've never been paywalled. Other cooking shows, some recent, some old are behind the paywall. Not sure what the differentiating factor is.

He's just a super nice guy too. I met him at a trade show some years back and fed him tri-tip!

Comment

I like a lot of what Raichlen does, some not so much. I still have his original cookbook from the 90s that has literally fallen apart from use, he has a great inventive approach to grilling almost anything. Look forward to the new series.

Comment

I like his work and shows. His BBQ cabbage is a family favorite: https://barbecuebible.com/recipe/barbecued-cabbage/

Comment

• Hulagn1971
              Hulagn1971 commented
              Editing a comment
              That looks delicious.

I’m a fan of his too. I went to a cooking class and got to chat with him after …nice guy.

Comment

The Barbecue Bible put me on a journey to improving my outdoor cooking skills 15 or 20 years ago, and there are still recipes I love from that book. I always enjoy watching the show on PBS, and record it with my Tivo (over the air from an antenna).

Comment

Bacon. Taco. Shells.

From the set of Project Fire Season 4: "Bacon taco shells with smoked lobster meat topped with corn salsa, sour cream and scallions."

Click image for larger version

Name:	254126095_426396618842050_5644133256500542666_n.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	1121690

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here