Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Texas Monthly Worth It If You Don’t Live In Texas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Texas Monthly Worth It If You Don’t Live In Texas?

Or is it more likely to make you jealous of our Texas members?

It seems like the best stuff is highlighted here so maybe no need.

Side note: I signed up for Milk Street emails last week. My god. Talk about the most spammy group ever. Multiple emails a day on recipes, podcasts, subscriptions etc. Maybe the content is good but talk about annoying. I can’t give them any money now.

Dunno, MeatEater is the best email subscription I've ever had.

Comment

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      Now look at what you done did. I will have to check out MeatEater. Been a while since I watched Steve dispatch and consume consumables.

• Murdy
      Murdy commented
      Editing a comment
      huh, I just watched 3 episodes on Netflix (or Prime) the other night after not having seen it in quite a while. Subscribed.

No, it is not, unless it is. Try a free trial subscription if offered.
    Now if they have ads for PBR, will you get the idea.

Comment

I felt same way about Milk Street. Could not handle the amount of emails they throw at you. This is the only place that emails me now. Well,I still get emails from Thermoworks. Other then that,I come here, or serious eats.

Comment

Its worth it to me from the perspective that I`d never look for Texas Monthly on my own because I`m so darn forgetful but if a member on here posts something of interest at least I`ll see it.

Comment

I get Texas Monthly, well monthly. Being a curmudgeon, I don’t always agree with them, but look forward to it each month. I’m about 3 months behind on reading them, but winter is coming. The one I just finished was about Bass Reeves. He was an incredible law man.

Comment

Well, it’s mostly about Texas (duh), Texas people, Texas places, Texas issues. But, it does boast some good writing,some humor, and occasionally some nice recipes. Lots of upscale adverts, etc. You can get the bbq ratings elsewhere.

Comment

Depending how plugged into the Apple product line, Texas Monthly is included in Apple News, among a few others like Cooks Country, Bon Appetite and National Geographic

Comment

Read the website for awhile. Bookmark it so it's easy. https://www.texasmonthly.com

That's what they cover, so you'll see over time if you are interested in what they cover.

BTW, if you have several sites that you want to read, I'd add them all to Feedly (https://feedly.com) which aggregates and presents them all in a nice format.
                Last edited by rickgregory; October 21, 2021, 08:32 PM.

Comment

• STEbbq
                  STEbbq commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I actually try to do this a lot of the time. I thought there might be a ready base of subscribers here to poll for their thoughts and it could be a cool discussion. But I will probably try and figure out how to get some regular reading going on.

• Bkhuna
                  Bkhuna commented
                  Editing a comment
                  +1 on Feedly. Great way to keep track of web sites and blogs ant the very few ads are very easy to skip over.

I look at their BBQ lists online but I won't spend money on a subscription.

Comment

I will not renew my subscription this year. Mag has changed so much over the last several years, with articles about too many things that don't interest me. Writers appear to be very young and too hip for my 80 year old mind.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here