Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High on the Hog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High on the Hog

I just came across this on Netflix last night. Only watched a bit of it so far but it has my attention. Thought others might enjoy if they hadn't heard of it. Enjoy!

High on the Hog: How African American Cuisine Transformed America | Official Trailer | Netflix

It's a good series. Well made and I learned a lot. I recently met one of the people who appear in one of the episodes - Adrian Miller, aka Soul Food Scholar and the author of Black Smoke, about African American's contributions to American barbecue.

Comment

I watched it awhile back. I enjoyed it. Some of it is pretty powerful, like when he stands in the slave trade market in Africa, and when he talks to people on the SC barrier islands where that have lived there for years but they are being removed due to "progress" - in other words, lets take the land and build highways and high rises, i.e., "imminent domain". I enjoyed it and it also disturbed me.

Comment

I also watched it some time back, and enjoyed it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here