Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to me - shotgun shells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to me - shotgun shells

This just popped up on you tube and I thought it looked interesting:

Saw something like this on Facebook yesterday. I think I’m gonna try my own version today with spicy sausage instead of breakfast sausage and mix shredded cheese into the sausage instead of a block into the middle.

Comment

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      I was thinking shredded cheese mixed in too. And slice each one into 3 or 4 pieces after cooking.
      Last edited by RonB; October 17, 2021, 08:55 AM.

I was expecting flichette rounds, or dragons breath or something, lol.

Comment

Just watched the video. I need these in my life. So many ideas.

Comment

Thanks for finding this Ron.
        As texastweeter said the ideas flowing through my head right now are endless.

Comment

• RonB
          RonB commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree. I wonder how frying at the end would add some extra crispness.

• Steve B
          Steve B commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh. That didn’t even cross my mind.
          Another avenue to go down.

RonB stuffed with Italian sausage and ricotta/romano, wrapped in panchetta or guanchale. Or stuffed with fire jack, Bogdan, and crawfish tails, wrapped in bacon, then after smoking, quick egg wash and then breadcrumbs seasoned with Cajun seasoning and fried...

Comment

• Steve B
          Steve B commented
          Editing a comment
          Damn. You really taking this to some extremes.
          I like where you’re going here.

Thank for this. Looks good. I like the idea of hot sausage and shredded cheese. I didn't see a mention of what he smoke with. Hickory IMO would be good.

Comment

Got some cooking right now. I’ll post a write up for them sometime this evening

Comment

Comment

I mean... it's cheesy sausage wrapped in bacon. Granted it's adulterated with some pasta, but what's not to like?

Comment

I’m thinking add some chopped peppers and onion, will the meat cook safely wrapped in the noodle though???

Comment

• RonB
                  RonB commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It should be when cooked over 2 hrs.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here