Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want to Up Your Pizza Game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want to Up Your Pizza Game?

Well, if you've got a spare $425 USD laying around...

Modernist Pizza – Modernist Cuisine Gallery (modernistcuisineshop.com)

LOL at all the reviews before the book is even available.

Comment

That would make a great secret Santa gift...

Comment

My pizza game is just fine thank you.

Comment

I have a feeling that much like the cost of membership here, the initial cost is nothing compared to what you will spend on cool toys to do what they do.

Comment

Heh, heh, heh! Their original work, "Modernist Cuisine" -- a 5 volume set, is available on Amazon for $562

I have a hard time believing there's anything in there that you couldn't derive from Kenji's Food Lab and McGee's On Food & Cooking that you can buy for about a combined $50.

Comment

• MBMorgan
              MBMorgan commented
              Editing a comment
              "I have a hard time believing there's anything in there that you couldn't derive from Kenji's Food Lab and McGee's On Food & Cooking that you can buy for about a combined $50."

Don't be too quick to judge ... in addition to pizza wisdom, I'm sure there is a financial lesson in there worth at least $500 to be learned.

For the most part cooking recipes, techniques and the like have gone online. However, I LOVE having the hardcover book of The Food Lab. I use it all the time. I will even pick it up just for a read at night, there is so much cool information.

I bet this series is pretty similar in that it talks about the science of how to make a good Za. However, $425? I think I will just bug Attjack Skip SheilaAnn Michael_in_TX for the pizza secrets.

Comment

• SheilaAnn
              SheilaAnn commented
              Editing a comment
              Bug away….. though, please loop Richard Chrz in, too!

What series, BTW? Disregard, I just read the entire thread, not just where I was mentioned. 🤦🏼‍♀️
              Last edited by SheilaAnn; October 15, 2021, 12:40 PM.

• Richard Chrz
              Richard Chrz commented
              Editing a comment
              SheilaAnn , thank y0u for the mention. I just so happened to buy 50 lbs of Sir Lancelot High Gluten - high protein flour for pizza 😜I need to now order a few more cases of San Marzano’s. Ive gone through 4 cases this year…

Much cheaper, and this book is legit. This, and The food Lab are always out and ready to be opened. https://www.amazon.com/Pizza-Bible-N.../dp/1607746050

Comment

Another great (and much less expensive) book specific to Pizza: The Elements of Pizza by Ken Forkish

Comment

• Richard Chrz
              Richard Chrz commented
              Editing a comment
              I have that one as well, I think the pizza Bible blows that one out of the water. I feel "the Elements of Pizza" is more of a starter book But, that is simply an opinion. Someday on SheilaAnn ‘s recommendation I will likely get Peter Reinhart’s pizza book. I have one of his bread books and am impressed.
              Last edited by Richard Chrz; October 17, 2021, 12:29 PM.

I can save ya some money, a lot of money.

Comment

Wow, they are proud of that aren’t they? O_o

Comment

I have it. If you liked the other two sets you'll definitely like this one too. It's basically a set of textbooks on pizza. Priced per page it comes out to about a quarter. If you just want to make pizza you definitely don't need anything like it. If you think adding high methoxyl pectin to dough is crazy and unnecessary you don't need it. If you want to geek out about the authenticity of the letter connecting margherita pizza to Queen Margherita your going to enjoy it. I'm definitely not rich and I try to do all the handyman work around the house myself to avoid being cannibalized
                Last edited by Michael Brinton; October 18, 2021, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	5B3DA3B6-E6B9-4911-9D99-3AC5EF4164CA.png Views:	0 Size:	292.8 KB ID:	1111770 I

I love making pizza but am not obsessed, so I definitely don’t need this. Looks cool though. Also, there’re lots of outstanding pizza joints in Jersey City.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here