Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Cook's Oracle; And Housekeeping Manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Cook's Oracle; And Housekeeping Manual

Thought mebbe some yall might find this here interestin...

LINK

Interesting; always enjoy reading old style cookbooks and such. Thanks for posting Bones.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      My distinct pleasure, Brother.

Looks fascinating. A couple things right off the bat:

1. What we call "cooking" was once known as "cookery."
    2. What we call "recipes" were once called "receipts."
    3. I am admitted to practice in the Southern District of New York, which is of interest to exactly no one other than me. 😁

Comment

• Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr. Bones - An amusing aside (again, to exactly no one but me) is that I avoided being admitted to any federal court for like 35 years or more until I was retained of counsel to try what promised to be an interesting case in the Southern District in about 2018. I jumped through all the hoops and got myself admitted, and for good measure, took the train across the river and got admitted to the Eastern District that afternoon. LSS, the case turned out to be a dog, settled for cheap before trial,

• Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      Cont'd - and I haven't set foot in any federal court again since.

• Draznnl
      Draznnl commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't sell your amusing asides short Dewesq55 . I'm always intrigued by where folks are admitted to practice. Dunno why. Perhaps a bit of idle professional curiosity that retirement has not yet cured.

"By the clemency and benevolent interference of two mistresses known to the writer, two servants have become happy wives, who, had they been in some situations, would have been literally outcasts."

Mr. Bones - you sly devil. I think this is a recruiting mission for you.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here