Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Food-x-Fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Food-x-Fire

I find this a pretty interesting read. Cooking by intuition on many of the recipes. Nice photography and some tasty sounding recipes. Gonna try hanging a chicken tomorrow. I will be using an instant read thermometer. Not chancing anything. Having a hard time finding food safe wire, so I am going to use butchers twine. 🤞
    Attached Files

Now if that was for the Pellet grill, I want one. It's is not so I'm out. Your brief review sounds good.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
      Editing a comment
      Could be fun with a fire pit?

I may need to get that. I have a similar book by Lennox Hastie called Finding Fire. He and his restaurant Firedoor were featured on Chef's Table last year.

https://www.amazon.com/Finding-Fire-...s%2C410&sr=8-3

Comment

• 58limited
      58limited commented
      Editing a comment
      I just bought it, had some stuff in my amazon cart and added Food X Fire before checking out.

I read through Food X Fire - not a bad book at all. And the recipes are more "common" and are for the average home cook. Lennox Hastie's 'Finding Fire' is a great book too but his recipes deal with "fancier" things like caviar, baby squid, 200 day dry aged steaks, etc. Some of his ingredients may be common in Oz where he is located but are hard to find around here.

Used as a guide, both books teach techniques you can use to cook anything you want to over fire, regardless of the recipes/ingredients in the books. And that is both authors main intent.
    Last edited by 58limited; September 26, 2021, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here