Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Take the Alton Brown Quiz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take the Alton Brown Quiz

Our good food (ahem - "Good Eats") friend Alton Brown is going on another live stage show tour, and as such has posted a qualifying culinary quiz on his website as he looks for on-stage participants in each city. Most of the questions surround his various TV shows and appearances, but there may be some general culinary knowledge questions as well.

How well can YOU do on his quiz? (I zipped through and had to guess at a number of Qs, so I only got 55% - definitely an "F" on the "ya gotta score more than 60% to get a D grade" criteria)

65%. 🙄

Comment

I couldn't see any pics of things that said "as shown here" so had to do a WAG. The only ones I was confident in was Wellington and the searing myth. I guess I can't cook. Life goes on.

Comment

• Craigar
        Craigar commented
        Editing a comment
        WAG - Wife And Girlfriend?

I scored 40%. Going to the woods behind the football field to smoke some cigs with all the cool kids.

Comment

I'll join you -- 20%

Comment

Ha! 35%. Geez and I call myself a cook. 🤦

Comment

• Argoboy
            Argoboy commented
            Editing a comment
            I scored that as well.

20% I like his recipes but do not watch him that often.

Comment

35% for me. Think I'll take up basket weaving

Comment

Just like the first 3 times I took Differential Equations. F 35%. Somehow I got 7 right.

Comment

50%

Comment

45% It seemed like the questions were heavily slanted to find the most ardent AB fans as opposed to identifying those with a strong background in cooking, grilling, smoking, etc. Not surprising, really …

Comment

Not even qualified to open that link. I’ll stick with what 420 means,,.😜

Comment

I got 40%. That poll is definitely rigged!

Comment

45% I guess I'm just not an AB junkie. Ah well, life goes on.

Comment

45% I like AB but many questions were irrelevant to cooking

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here