Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam The Cooking Guy Air Fries his Steaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Troutman View Post
    Sam is entertaining and I must admit I've cooked a few of his concoctions. I'm going one better when I get my lazy arse around to it. I'm going to deep fry a steak, anyone ever try that?

I'm afraid you're a little late, my friend.

Comment

I’ve done deep fried burgers and they don’t get as much crust as on hot metal.

Air fryer units for indoors usually top out at 450F and many are really small capacity. Great for reheating leftovers though.

in a kettle with the vortex I’m easily hitting at least 600F with a ton of air movement. Of course it takes some time to set up but the bonus is the smoke and mess is outside.

However I still can’t beat the results from deep frying on things that need a batter.

Comment

He is certainly a bit irreverent, but I've warmed up to him and find myself really looking forward to his videos. I've recently gotten a lot more comfortable with eyeballing measurements of spices, etc. and I directly attribute that to him.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here