Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mad Scientist BBQ Gives AmazingRibs.Com a Shout Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mad Scientist BBQ Gives AmazingRibs.Com a Shout Out

Jeremy Yoder (aka Mad Scientist BBQ) gave AmazingRibs.com a shout out & used Meathead 's Big Bad Beef rub in his latest video.

This was a great video. I won't spoil the results of his taste test in my comment, but I will say BBBR is not for the faint of heart. I love the muscle it has on a brisket.

Comment

So cool! Yup in the shout out to AR & Meatheads Rub. Interesting in the "poll" it ended up in a tie with the Lowry’s mix vs the RUB. He did try to influence his wife but she stuck her ground, good fer her.
      BTW department, natural flavorings are very little in the natural & usually a lot in the chemical (can you say Lab) makeup.
      Also, Rodgers to Nelson, great move. Go Pack!

Comment

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I guess I spoiled the results of the test.
        The only thing I have to say about it is, who gives a rip!

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Way to go Spoily McSpoilerton

Wait til he tastes our new bottled rub...

Comment

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm planning to cook two tri-tips ..... one with your new bottled rub and one with BBBR side by side and settle the question :-)

Yea I saw that one yesterday and was really surprised at his shout out to AR. I’m a big fan of BBBR and mix it often but still a fan of good old S&P. I’ll have to give Lawry’s a try, maybe some daylight there. I would n’t dry brine with it tough, maybe too salty.

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Could just treat is as straight salt.

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Huskee yea good point

Interesting video. I’ve only used BBBR once on my recently cooked first brisket. Man it was good. I’m sure the many other beef rubs out there are good too but I will stick with the BBBR. I cook on a pellet smoker and as Mr. Yoder points out, the lighter smoke profile paired well with it. At least in my very limited experience. 🤷‍♂️

Comment

He shoulda listened to his wife But honestly, this is what makes BBQ great. Everyone can have a different opinion and everyone can be right at the same time

Unless they like boiled ribs, 'cause then the terrorists win

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here