Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bearded Butchers -- Ribs whats the difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bearded Butchers -- Ribs whats the difference?

The butchering and knife skills are fantastic. Just amazing to watch. Every type of rib is cut and explained.

(1) Ribs (What's the Difference?) Pork Ribs vs Beef Ribs Cut and Cook | The Bearded Butcher - YouTube

Anyone know what the ribs were wrapped in?
    some kind of paper?

Comment

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      pink butcher paper,

That's a good video, explains the different cuts for those uninitiated. One thing you do have to notice is the amount of fat seams he left in the thick cuts of both chuck and dino ribs. During cooking those seams render and begin to delaminate the meat layers above and below causing them to separate. It's actually better to trim the top layer off rather than cook it as is. It look so good when the meat is raw but after cooking its a different story. In other words, fat seams suck.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about. I was sent these ribs cut from ribs 6-8 from Porter Road to try (due to a previous failed attempt they sent me). Here's what the meat looked like when raw, notice the fat seams;

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bad Ribs 02.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	1076397

And here's what happened after I cooked them to probe tender;

Click image for larger version

Name:	ribs 12.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	1076398Click image for larger version

Name:	ribs 11.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	173.4 KB
ID:	1076399

Although its hard to see when they cryovac them, always try to avoid large seams of fat. Just a word to the uninitiated. Again the video and the Bearded Butchers have an awesome channel, I'm a big fan !!

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Those look like crap!
      Next time that happens don't post them here please. Just send them to me.

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ll share in the crap!

Don’t ya wanna grow up & cut meat like them?

Comment

• Steve R.
      Steve R. commented
      Editing a comment
      I wanna cut meat like them, but do I have to grow up?

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      I wish I could grow up. I only grow out. 🍩 like dough knots.

• smokenoob
      smokenoob commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m growing older but definitely not up.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here