Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bands & BBQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bands & BBQ

So, right before Covid hit, I had started offering up bbq to area bands, as well s bands that were traveling through and playing here, or even just passing through.

the concept is I get to learn more about their music, I live stream a bit of their songs as they are playing music on the patio, we talk about bbq, and Weber grills. Share music we like, and "they" or individual member plays and sing 6-12 songs. Sign a guitar, put a sticker on my wheelchair, and a photo in Fairchild Kitchen. The food is typically ribs, or pork shoulder. So after we had our first band stop on their way through, Covid hit and it stopped.

the last two nights I had the opportunity to start it up again. I hosted a two day grill class on meals he wanted to see what I do with them. Chicken and Ribs. Since then I have 6 more signed up to do a 4-6 hour stop over and get a home cooked meal while we share in craft and in story. Tomorrow I am hosting Mark Joseph from the Big Wu, he is coming into town to play a music festival. But we are doing a simple smash burger and fries cook.

here is a photo of Mike Caucut from Mr. Blink and the St.Louis ribs we enjoyed last night.

Click image for larger version  Name:	47148C07-1F99-43F3-A091-A80A66A05163.jpeg Views:	10 Size:	3.93 MB ID:	1068608
    Click image for larger version  Name:	132CB7BD-5B81-4B46-BF30-D70A1C77BD63.jpeg Views:	10 Size:	8.22 MB ID:	1068609
    Last edited by Richard Chrz; July 29, 2021, 10:46 AM.

Photo from the first one. This is most of the members from The Peoples brother band.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PPB.jpg
Views:	454
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	1068692

Comment

This is so cool!

Comment

• Oak Smoke
        Oak Smoke commented
        Editing a comment
        +1

So, bands and bbq just got bigger. I was just reached out too on fb, asking if I would cook a bbq for roughly 75 musicians for their dinner tent, gathering area, at a fall music festival.

Comment

• ofelles
        ofelles commented
        Editing a comment
        That will be a lot of cookn'

• Northern lights smoke
        Northern lights smoke commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow! Way to go Richard! That's amazing as were your ribs!? What fun!

• troymeister
        troymeister commented
        Editing a comment
        That is so awesome!

Update, I got a envelope in the mail from a band I ordered their new cd. With it came this note,. They want to do a bands &t bbq!
      Click image for larger version  Name:	13ED2060-C893-4FAF-A4CA-B84A532275DD.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.18 MB ID:	1102828
      Last edited by Richard Chrz; September 29, 2021, 09:47 PM.

Comment

How cool! Hope it works out and can’t wait to hear about it! Thanks for sharing, Richard!

Comment

Of course you attract bands - your cooking rocks!

Comment

Mebbe even a great opportunity fer yer very first Live Stream, Brother...

Comment

Very cool. Congratulations on turning an idea into a success. It took guts.

Comment

Very cool!

Comment

Man this is awesome Richard. Thank you for sharing.

Comment

An outstanding idea & accomplishment! It is cool to see it blossom.
                    ps. Don’t ever show them the picture of "the steak".

Comment

Donating my time to smoke the pork for this event’s bands and all the volunteers, this weekend. Thankfully I will do the cook at home, and someone will deliver. Not huge, I think they said to plan for 70 people. Still a cool honor to get to smoke for bands.

Click image for larger version  Name:	F39365C7-7774-4BD5-98E1-6A78F56CADDF.jpg Views:	0 Size:	358.1 KB ID:	1266884
                      Last edited by Richard Chrz; August 1, 2022, 09:17 PM.

Comment

• Smilner
                        Smilner commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That’s so cool! They’re one of my favorite bands

Love Charlie Parr. Heard him many times. Started his career in Duluth Mn. Hope you meet him.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
                        Richard Chrz commented
                        Editing a comment
                        He went to school with my brother,
                        Last edited by Richard Chrz; August 6, 2022, 12:09 PM.

So, we watched both bands. Charlie Parr was absolutely incredible. He outshined trampled. Although great night of musicians. Friends, bbq and fun. Photo with Charlie Parr and my wife!

Click image for larger version  Name:	71B6BB32-D825-486A-9E29-49E1727355C2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	145.3 KB ID:	1270087
                      Last edited by Richard Chrz; August 6, 2022, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here