Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frontier Recipes (Mouse Pie!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frontier Recipes (Mouse Pie!)

This is pretty cool! Various recipes from the Old West. Everything from Mouse pie to Beef Jerkey

From Ash Cakes to Sonofabitch Stew, Legends Frontier Recipes are the "Real" Old Stuff of Cowboy Days

Some really interestin' recipes, but I don't think my wife would jump at the chance to try most of 'em...

Comment

• Eric2662
      Eric2662 commented
      Editing a comment
      Im honestly grossed out and intrigued by some of the stuff here. 😂

Recipes before the days of PBR.
    Very interesting indeed.

Comment

• Murdy
      Murdy commented
      Editing a comment
      Not so sure about that, wasn't the old PBR commercial: "They started something great, in 1848" ?
      Last edited by Murdy; July 27, 2021, 10:15 AM.

Wonder how they harvested 5 fat field mice to make the mouse pie? I'm with Eric2662, grossed out and intrigued at the same time.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here