Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Myron Mixon’s new book!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Myron Mixon’s new book!

Just got delivery of Myron Mixon’s new book Keto BBQ. Just started perusing. Will start a read of it in the next day or two. It is available digital & soft-cover. The interesting thing that caught my early attention is that he lost 100#. There was a life style change, but as he put it, it had to include BBQ. He was not going to stop eatin Q. As I already knew, eatin meat is & can be healthy. It should be an interesting read & yup, there are recipes.

100# w/ Keto bbq, nice, but wonder how healthy Keto is in the long term.

Thank for tip
    Last edited by bbqLuv; May 13, 2021, 02:41 PM.

Comment

I did the keto diet for a while and did drop a lot of weight. I have since switched to just a low carb lifestyle (I'm diabetic) and am keeping the weight off. Much easier to stick to than a strict keto diet.

Is the Keto Diet Safe? What are the Risks? - UChicago Medicine

Comment

• bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        Low carb as in Paleo?

• pkadare
        pkadare commented
        Editing a comment
        bbqLuv no diet I just really watch my carbs

• Dick Anderson
        Dick Anderson commented
        Editing a comment
        Ditto on the diabetes; I lost the weight i needed to shed with keto, and now have migrated to a (very) low carb regimen. No metformin for well over a year.

I gave my family a strong hint that Myron's book would be great for Father's Day. I'm diabetic, and I lost about 60# when I got serious about my lifestyle changes (diet, exercise, sleep, etc). BBQ has been a welcome part of that. I have my usual things that I grill/smoke, but having a nice book to reference would be awesome.

Comment

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        I am diabetic also. I was able to kick the insulin & metformin. I have to watch it like a Hawk, but it sure beats controlling one’s life with a needle.

• crazytown3
        crazytown3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Absolutely! Congratulations on that. I'm not using insulin, but was able to stop metformin about 6 months ago. Now I just have to be a good boy.

I am not on keto myself & am not advocating keto, although there is merit to it. I am interested in a healthy diet. I would think that there is some very good tidbits for health in his book. He did speak of life style change, but I will find out as I read. The eye catcher is, most uninformed critics view bbq & grillin as unhealthy, which I know to be grossly untrue. Better health through Amazing Wibs, yup!

Comment

In his book he says, " when I started my diet plan on August 18, 2018, I weighed 339 lbs and had a 46-inch waist. After nine months on the diet, I was down to 235 pounds, with a 36-inch waist. And I have kept it like that ever since."

He says he is just over 6 feet tall.

He also says he has added routine exercise to his regimen which he couldn't do before he lost the 100 lbs.

Kathryn

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here