Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 BBQ Hall of Fame nominees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2021 BBQ Hall of Fame nominees

The nominees for the 2021 BBQ Hall of Fame were announced and Meathead is on the nomination list. Good luck to Meathead, hopefully in 2 weeks we can congratulate him on being an inductee.

in case you need something for the eyeballs to make it true - https://www.americanroyal.com/wp-con...-Finalists.pdf

Comment

That's a heck of an honor to even be nominated to the final 9. In Meathead's case, it's well deserved too.

Comment

Well, here we go, again, this year...

Let's us all hope that Th Boss Man makes er, this year!

I'm predictin Ollie Gates, Rodney Scott gonna also gonna be among th Topmost Contenders...

Joe Traeger? I personally thinks we ain't that far down th Pellet Road, to make him a luminary, jus yet, though he has definitely changed th face of th BBQ World, makin it exponentially more approachable, fer novices...mebbe, One Day, but not just yet, imho.
        Last edited by Mr. Bones; May 12, 2021, 11:16 PM.

Comment

• smokenoob
          smokenoob commented
          Editing a comment
          Agree, Traeger opened the door and let a lotta noobs into the pit but is not quite ready to be recognized by the cognoscenti......

I just do not see how he does not make it. Good luck Meathead

Comment

Good luck Meathead!

Comment

Well, I'm rootin' for Meathead.

Comment

That figures, I’m overlooked again.........Congratulations Meathead, we’re all pulling for ya!

Comment

We do know that the glitterati have a tendency to make it. So using sound judgement as to who will be inducted is snow flakes in the air. Meathead should have been in a few years ago. Based on what a few of you have said Traeger sounds like a shoo in. No disrespect to what he has done, but awards is awards. The largest BBQ organization in the world, the go to place to find everything & everybody is right here at Amazing Wibs (I couldn’t help myself), yes AR!

Comment

Congrats, this is the year!

Comment

Anyone who wants to go through the nomination process, please do! He deserves it for sure. I don't know of anyone else who has devoted such a chunk of their life to teaching others good cooking and BBQ and food safety, and has done so without rich celebrity status, or supporting their TV show or restaurant.

Comment

Here is the list of 9 nominees. Three will be chosen. This is the third year I have been nominated making me the Susan Lucci of BBQ.
                      1. Rodney Scott – Rodney Scott is a whole hog legend in South Carolina. He worked at his family BBQ stop in Hemingway, SC until 2017 and then opened Rodney Scott’s BBQ in Charleston, SC. In 2018 he won the James Beard Award for Best Chef, Southeast.
                      2. John Markus – Through his BBQ Pitmasters show John Markus has brought the world of competition barbecue to the masses. John has learned barbecue from some of the best in the business and regularly competes with his team Central Pork West.
                      3. Joe Traeger – Created the pioneering Traeger pellet smoker. Sold the company and partnered with a competitor, Pit Boss.
                      4. Ollie Gates – Runs Gates Bar-B-Q restaurants in KC (6 locations?) as well as its sauces, mail order, etc. His father, George Walter Gates, took over Ol' Kentuck (Bar-B-Q) at 19th and Vine Streets in 1946. Ollie opened the first Gates & Sons restaurant at 12th & Brooklyn in 1958. He later served as chairman of the Board of Park Commissioners and as a Missouri highway commissioner.
                      5. Ed Mitchell -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Mitchell_(pitmaster) Famous NC whole hog cook. Has cooked on a few TV shows and had a few restaurants.
                      6. Darren Warth – Darren started in his backyard in 2001, opened his first restaurant in 2007 (Smokey D’s BBQ in Des Moines, IA), won the American Royal in 2013 and again in 2016 and 2018, and has also won the Jack Daniels Invitational and the Houston Livestock and Rodeo BBQ. 5 world championships is nothing to scoff at!
                      7. William "Bill" Arnold – Bill Arnold is the man behind Blues Hog BBQ Sauce. This is my favorite sauce to use on pork belly burnt ends and is considered to be one of the best commercial sauces available.
                      8. Lee Ann Whippen – Lee Ann is the managing partner and pitmaster at Deviled Pig in Tampa. She also recently won the Master of ‘Cue contest on the Food Network and has also been seen on BBQ Pitmasters, Chopped, and other cooking competition shows.
                      9. Meathead Goldwyn – Meathead is the founder and publisher of Meathead’s AmazingRibs.com. In the past 12 months more than 9 million people visited the website. The Pitmaster Club has 17,000+ members making it the world’s largest BBQ association, larger than KCBS. His book Meathead: The Science of Great Barbecue and Grilling is one of the most complete books on BBQ you can find and it has sold more than 250,000 copies. Daily he broadcasts cooking tips to almost 200,000 followers on social media. He combines science with decades-old tradition to not only teach you how to make great barbecue but the "why" behind it.

Comment

• au4stree
                        au4stree commented
                        Editing a comment
                        My vote, without knowing how many times someone can be nominated before they are no longer eligible(like MLB), #1, #6, #9. I would think John Markus will get in, he did help popularize BBQ, with help of course, but enjoyed his shows, particularly the one with Aaron Franklin.

LIVING MEMBERS OF THE BBQ HALL OF FAME
                      1. Adam Perry Lang - rest
                      2. Ardie Davis - competition
                      3. Carolyn & Gary Wells - comp
                      4. Chris Lilly - rest/comp/author
                      5. David Knight - manufacturer
                      6. Famous Dave Anderson - rest
                      7. Jeff Stehney - Joes in KC
                      8. Johnny Trigg - comp
                      9. Melissa Cookston - comp/rest/book
                      10. Myron Mixon – comp/manufacturer/rest
                      11. Paul Kirk – comp, educator
                      12. Ray Lampe – comp/ rest/author
                      13. Steven Raichlen – author/tv
                      14. Tuffy Stone - comp/author
                      15. Ed Fisher - BIG GREEN EGG
                      16. Tootsie Tomanetz - rest
                      17. Guy Fieri - TV/comp
                      18. Wayne "Honey" Monk - Lexington Barbecue - rest
                      19. Desiree Robinson -rest
                      20. Joe Don Davidson – manufact/comp/rest
                      21. Aaron Franklin - rest/tv
                      LEGACY MEMBERS
                      1. Henry Ford
                      2. George Stephen, Sr.
                      3. Henry Perry
                      4. Charlie Vergos
                      5. John "Big Daddy" Bishop
                      6. CB "Stubb" Stubblefield
                      7. John Willingham
                      8. Fred Gould
                      9. Dr. Rich Davis
                      10. Speed Herrig
                      11. James Lemons
                      12. Warner Stamey
                      13. Mike Mills

Comment

How can our man NOT make it...again?!

Comment

The Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame finally pulled its head out of you know where and inducted Kraftwerk - BBQ Hall Of Fame needs to do something similar for a frequent nominee......

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here