Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Profile of Shannon Snell: Pitmaster and My Inspiration for #BBQDriveBy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Profile of Shannon Snell: Pitmaster and My Inspiration for #BBQDriveBy

I've put up a lot of posts where I do a barbecue drive by. I got my inspiration to do this early in the pandemic when Shannon Snell was dropping off barbecue for folks affected by the pandemic or who still had to work through it in healthcare, as first responders or in retail. It's been a really rewarding experience.

This profile, put together by Sonny's, where Shannon is a pitmaster, unites many wonderful Gainesville themes: football, Steve Spurrier, the Swamp, Sonny's and the founder of Sonny's, Sonny Tillman.

Last edited by Jim White; May 3, 2021, 08:56 AM.

That’s a great story. I think I need brisket.

Comment

Very cool! My Dad was a Gator and would have loved this.

Comment

Great video.

Many years ago, Sonny's in our area had one very good restaurant, with meat and sides that was better than most places.

But slowly,Brevard Restaurant Group bought out the franchises and drove them to closure. Poor training and supervision of the wait staff, cost cutting measures that effected not only the food, but the cleaning, etc. I walked out of my last Sonny's 12 years ago and haven't been back.

I would like to think that some of them still care about a good product and an enjoyable dining experience, but that's not the case in my neck of the woods.

Comment

• Jim White
          Jim White commented
          Editing a comment
          The original on Waldo Road here in Gainesville is still fairly good. The one closest to our house is their new design, which I hate and they've tried to "upscale" the menu in ways I also don't like. I don't go very often, but son-in-law (who is an idiot) lives on their sliced pork. If I go, I get the smoked turkey since it's harder to screw up and something I don't cook as often.
          Last edited by Jim White; May 3, 2021, 04:07 PM.

Great feel good story. He is well grounded in life.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here