Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Homemade tomato pie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homemade tomato pie

Meathead This is summer at its best ! Fresh picked tomatoes, homegrown basil, and meatheads homemade bacon! The mrs makes this and she put love into this one, picture worthy to say the least! Recipe posted a few messages down if interested

Click image for larger version  Name:	tomato pie 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	76.7 KB ID:	1281112
    Click image for larger version  Name:	tomato pie 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	103.4 KB ID:	1281113

Click image for larger version  Name:	25310B0C-083F-4A1C-8276-B7EE7F4ABE18.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.07 MB ID:	1279079

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_185688.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	178.2 KB
ID:	1279086
    Last edited by marshall; August 21, 2022, 06:53 PM.

Very nice. Care to share the recipe?

Comment

• Oak Smoke
      Oak Smoke commented
      Editing a comment
      +1

• marshall
      marshall commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes sir!

DavidNorcross Click image for larger version

Name:	3BFCDBC8-8970-414B-AD5E-4221CBCA07E9.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	246.7 KB
ID:	1279171 Click image for larger version

Name:	1DB1F6CF-8553-453B-81FF-27E8C7BE9882.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	1279172 Click image for larger version

Name:	B8112CFF-7DEE-4958-AB2C-F47ADFF12B66.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	181.0 KB
ID:	1279170

Comment

• DavidNorcross
      DavidNorcross commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. Wonder how it would work with regular AP flour instead of almond flour?

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      I added the recipe pics to the top post and moved this to Recipes. Thanks for sharing!

DavidNorcross I wonder the same as it would be less expensive, but not sure if the texture and flavor would be the same…. The crust in this recipe is delicious !

Comment

• grantgallagher
      grantgallagher commented
      Editing a comment
      From someone who cooks keto almost all the time you could probably replace the almond flour with AP and lose the oat fiber with almost the same result. Id keep the cheese for the flavor in the crust.

Next year's garden when have overflowing tomato crop (as usual) gonna have to try this. THANKS

Comment

Oooooo. Looks good! Gotta try it. Swimming in tomatoes!

Comment

That looks yum!

Comment

This looks really good!!! I may have to try this one. Just made a nice batch of tomato jam last weekend. I had forgotten how good it was!!!

Comment

out looks fabulous, I would eat that.

Comment

Thank you, I’ll be eating good tonight. My wife makes an excellent tomato pie already but she stole so of your recipe’s ideas and is presently doing a hybrid. One thing she does is salt and drain the tomatoes first on paper towels and then roasts the tomatoes to further get rid of some more moisture and to concentrate the flavor. Some progress photos: Click image for larger version

Name:	ABA44045-BB3A-4D24-BDD5-797682C45360.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	219.3 KB
ID:	1280685 Click image for larger version

Name:	3C10D71C-7D1C-45AD-A1C7-8FD35984FE6C.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	150.7 KB
ID:	1280684

Comment

• bbqLuv
                bbqLuv commented
                Editing a comment
                The crust looks really good.
                Please share recipe and/or how to. Thanks

• marshall
                marshall commented
                Editing a comment
                Great idea! Will try the roasting in oven next time for sue, thank!

Here’s that recipe in downloadable format, ie Paprika.

Comment

• GolfGeezer
                GolfGeezer commented
                Editing a comment
                I can’t see how to import this one from Safari. Only seems to allow printing. What am I missing?

Never mind! Figured it out.
                Last edited by GolfGeezer; August 24, 2022, 04:58 PM.

• marshall
                marshall commented
                Editing a comment
                Much easier to follow thanks!

I am in......

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here