Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Homage to the Taco Chronicles - The Series - Tacos de Pescado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hoovarmin
    commented on 's reply
    Troutman it was terrific. I posted the cook in SUWYC

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    You bet !!!!

• hoovarmin
    replied
    I'm making this tonight, using the redfish I caught Thanksgiving day. What do you think, Troutman - would redfish be well suited to this recipe?

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    True dat.I created the dress between cooks

• Uncle Bob
    replied
    @Troutman, Steve someone sent this to me and claimed it's your daughter going to prom. True or false?

Click image for larger version

Name:	taco tuesday.jpg
Views:	522
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	1029931

Leave a comment:

• bbqLuv
    commented on 's reply
    Not allowed Mexico? Maybe because it's now from L.A., California. 🤢
    Moved there from Milwaukee, which used to be the beer capital of the U.S.
    Perhaps beer season this spring and summer I may switch to Pub beer made by 10 Barrel Brewing co. nice American Lager. A local brewing company from Portland Oregon.
    Last edited by bbqLuv; January 26, 2021, 07:50 AM.

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    I do raw cabbage because I like the cool crunch against the warmth of the fried fish. It's a perfect compliment.

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
    replied
    I remember as a kid we would always go down to Baja (San Felipe usually) and stop and get a fish taco at each stand, a coke in a glass bottle and then continue walking to the next one.

There's nothing better than a simple Mexican street taco. They used to just give you the fish, a corn tortilla, and a lime. No cabbage, no sauce, no pico. A few random places did have cabbage (it might have been pickled?)

I really like your recipe, the batter and prep LOOKS like I remember everything, and unlike so many "authentic Mexican street taco" recipes, you didn't overdo it on the condiments.

Gonna try to give this a go.

Last edited by ItsAllGoneToTheDogs; January 25, 2021, 06:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TripleB
    commented on 's reply
    Troutman I bet they are. Would love to try them someday but unfortunately my wife is allergic to shellfish.....ah, c’est la vie.

• Rfhd69
    commented on 's reply
    Portland’s Best Refreshment!

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    Mine too. The shrimp ones were actually better!!

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    I don't think they allow PBR in Mexico

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    I'm thinking a small diameter, horizontal trompo on my rotisserie. Not the same overall affect but should emulate the al Pastor idea for this exercise !!

• Mojo0209
    replied
    That looks and sounds awesome. Great recipe and pics. Well done!

Leave a comment:

• TripleB
    replied
    Fish tacos is one of my wife’s favorite meals. We make it quite often. I’ll have to try your taco sauce. It looks delicious.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here